New Cobra Mufflers 909-Twins

Reaction score
My dealer called me to say Cobra as a new muffler for the FW. It is what the call 909 Twins. Part Number 6302 and here is a picture. They are $399.95

Attachments

• 2b31be7794080ba62e21fab5048cf5ae[1].jpg
    2b31be7794080ba62e21fab5048cf5ae[1].jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 339
Nice, Cobra came out with a more reasonably priced set for the Freewheeler in there line up of mufflers offered.

Cobra has some nice slip on freewheelers mufflers and they are very nice indeed. I looked at a pair of them real hard, they also sound very nice.. I went with the D&D 3 1/2" Touring mufflers with the 2" diameter vortex baffles instead and I like them a lot.

The only reason I chose the D&D mufflers over the Cobra mufflers was the baffles in the Cobra slip ons where 2 1/2" in diameter. I have found more often than not over the years when you go to a bigger baffle than a 2" diameter in the mufflers on a stock Harley motor you tend to loose a little bit of low end torque. I just did not want to take the chance that the Cobra mufflers larger baffles would affect the trikes low end torque.

Manufactures today because of the catalytic converters are going to bigger baffles to get the sound out of the mufflers. I think for the most part this is because of the muffling affect of the catalytic converters. It's a well known fact when the cat is removed the exaust system gets louder.

Ride Safe,

Bill G

Attachments

• IMG_3240.JPG
    IMG_3240.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 317
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 307
Corba 909's

Got the new slip ons. Got my old ones off will put the new ones on tomorrow.

Attachments

• P1010002 (2).jpg
    P1010002 (2).jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 268
  • P1010003 (2).jpg
    P1010003 (2).jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 272
  • P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 262
Got the new slip ons. Got my old ones off will put the new ones on tomorrow.

That baffle looks to be a 2" baffles. I could be wrong as the pic could be a little deceptive to the eye because of the angle in the pic. The baffle looks a lot like or similar to the 2" Vortex baffles I have in my D&D Exhaust 3 1/2" touring mufflers. It does not look to be a 2 1/2" baffle like the baffles in the more expensive Cobra mufflers that you looked at with the black ends on them. If this is the case these mufflers should maintain or not cause a loss of any of your lower end torque ThumbUp. I bet they will sound nice too, deep and not overly ear breaking loud. With the cat still in more mellow, louder without the cat for sure if you decide to remove it. I left my cat in and find my sound to be just fine also the performance is good with no hiccup's.

Those really look like sweet mufflers. Let us know how the install goes also what you think of the sound and performance.

Ride Safe, :)
Bill G

Attachments

• IMG_1695.JPG
    IMG_1695.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_3240.JPG
    IMG_3240.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 255
Got the mufflers on. Not to bad a job. You do need to turn the mount around to help put the bolts in. You should all so get some longer bolts. The ones that are in are 1/2 you need 3/4. The reason is the bracket does not set just right on the muffler mounts. They really sound great. I went for about a 135 mile trip. Not loud just the right sound for me.:clapping:

Bill,
can you provide the D&D part numbers for they have two different 3 1/2 Vortex slipons, and what end caps? They look good with the bumper and not hideously ticking out like most.

That baffle looks to be a 2" baffles. I could be wrong as the pic could be a little deceptive to the eye because of the angle in the pic. The baffle looks a lot like or similar to the 2" Vortex baffles I have in my D&D Exhaust 3 1/2" touring mufflers. It does not look to be a 2 1/2" baffle like the baffles in the more expensive Cobra mufflers that you looked at with the black ends on them. If this is the case these mufflers should maintain or not cause a loss of any of your lower end torque ThumbUp. I bet they will sound nice too, deep and not overly ear breaking loud. With the cat still in more mellow, louder without the cat for sure if you decide to remove it. I left my cat in and find my sound to be just fine also the performance is good with no hiccup's.

Those really look like sweet mufflers. Let us know how the install goes also what you think of the sound and performance.

Ride Safe, :)
Bill G

Sound

I have a 2019 Harley Davidson Freewheeler. I am looking for loud mufflers. I currently have CFR baggers and they have a good sound, but not loud enough for me. Are the Cobra 909 twin 6302 louder?

Sound

I currently have CFR Baggers on my 2019 Harley Davidson Freewheeler. Looking for louder. Are the Cobra Twin 909 (6302) louder?

I currently have CFR Baggers on my 2019 Harley Davidson Freewheeler. Looking for louder. Are the Cobra Twin 909 (6302) louder?

Here's another option...Low cost and produces the best power of all the slip-on's we've tested (except for the SuperTrapps which are relatively quiet).

Kevin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png