Honda Aero 750 Trike...Anyone have one...?

skuuter

10000+ Posts
Apr 23, 2010
Estill Springs, Tn, USA
We still have an '09 Honda Aero 750 shaft drive Bike. We are seriously considerin' Trikin' it later on after "financially recoverin" from the Gold Wing Trike some. Just wonderin' if Anyone here owns one, and what impressions They have of it.....THANKS.....!!!!!

I have a 04 Shadow Aero but with a Voyager Trike kit on it and I love it!
Was a lot cheaper than a full trike kit and I lost NO power. Check my photo album for pictures.

skuuter-
at one time motortrike made trike kits for the 750 shadow. (this was when we had a vtx1300 m/t kit). they sure looked nice, and sold lots of them. you might look into one of them.
dave

It won't be a real power house but a one up bike it will be good. A friend has a Suzuki 800 trike and he does fine with it. Looks real nice . He says it is pretty nimble , He rode a Kawasaki Voyager with a Voyager on it and has that to compare it to , so he still thinks it is good. He rode that Voyager for many years and on 1,000 mile trips. If he thinks the 800 power train is strong enough he should know. I would think and he is not disappointed .

skuuter-
at one time motortrike made trike kits for the 750 shadow. (this was when we had a vtx1300 m/t kit). they sure looked nice, and sold lots of them. you might look into one of them.
dave

THANKS, this is the Kit we're considerin'...what we have on the Gold Wing, and our Local Honda Dealer is a Dealer for Motor Trike now.....already have the Bike, so.........:yes::yes::yes:

John what kit did he use on the Suzi 800?
Not sure about John's friend, but I have the Suzuki Boulevard C50 (800) with the Lehman kit. My only problem "keeping up" is the operator - I'm not out there to go fast, I'm only out there to enjoy the ride! ;)

I have a 2009 issue of the 750 Aero Shadow love it. It was made at MotorTrike in Troup, TX.

Despite what one poster wrote ("It won't be a real power house but a one up bike it will be good.") it does pretty good on the road with two up, a loaded trunk, full rear bag and a custom-made hitch rack. The GF and I cruise between 60-70 MPH (anything faster will attract those guys selling their autographs by the roadside) with still enough power to "goose it" if needed.

Gas consumption is in the 33-38 MPG range which translates into roughly 110 miles before switching to reserve on a 3.7 gallon tank.

Add-ons/Modifications I've made since I got it last July:

a. Highway bars by Calvary with add on foot pegs.
b. Cup holder
c. Moose Racing GPS holder ($15) instead of a Ram Mount.
d. Midland CB 75-822 radio with 3 ft FireStix antenna which I run through a Riderslink ST-1 from MotoComm. (This allows me to monitor CB channels and cell phone while still being able to play the radio/MP3 and chat with the GF.)
c. Passenger armrests from Ultimate Seat (California)
d. Cigarette outlet on handle bar (switched) and one in the trunk (unswitched). (This is soon to be replaced by a fuse box relay that will power up to 5 items totalling less that 60 amps of "draw".)
e. Tapped hole in fuel collar to speed up filling fuel tank (see mods on Aero 750 Forum site).
f. Desnorkled it (see mods on Aero 750 Forum site).
g. Mustang seat.
h. Memphis Shade windshield.

Only problem I've had was that recently I had to replace a leaking master cylinder. And, Richard at MotorTrike told me to send him the receipts.

I'm very happy with mine and wish I had a dollar for everyone who's stopped to look at it and want to know where I got it and how much it cost ($16K).

Never rode it so my "It won't be a power house " statement was purely from what I was told. Heck wife and I rode a 450 Honda 2 up with loaded saddle bags from my home in NW CT to Cape Cod back in 1973. U know we are spoiled. When the 750 Honda came out with 4 cylinders.We could not believe it was true. Now people have it in their head that you need 1,000 cc to go anyplace. People that I talk to that are new bees don't even want to talk about buying an under 800 cc bike. I have a 500 Shadow as my go to work bike . I have no trouble with even that . My statement was based on If you ride a 1800 GW or a HD trike the 800 will fell a lot less powerful. Same as if you always drive a Corvette and get in to a Ford Focus it will feel slow. BUT you sill can drive coast to coast and those LEO guys will still get your autograph with either one <LOL>

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png