Roadhawk Throttle cable

Feb 18, 2008
Anderson, Missouri
When we had the Runabout, Dick got us an extra throttle cable. Was great peace o mind, as a person couldn't just pick one up for the trike at the local motorcycle shop. Now that we have a Road Hawk, Gloria was asking about a spare for this trike, too. Are throttle cables available out of Minnesota or should I try Daytona?
Thanks,

Last edited:
I've had a lot of trouble getting any co operation out of the trike shop. If your cable sheath is good, get a length of 1/16th. stainless steel aircraft cable and make up your own. A couple of years ago mine got water in it and froze up. If you use stainless cable you'll have to silver braze the end on.

It's not that the cable is bad, although it is a bit stiff and most likely needs to be cleaned and lubed. We had an extra that lived in the trunk of our Runabout and Gloria likes the peace of mind having an extra cable available for the Roadhawk "just in case".

When we had the Runabout, Dick got us an extra throttle cable. Was great peace o mind, as a person couldn't just pick one up for the trike at the local motorcycle shop. Now that we have a Road Hawk, Gloria was asking about a spare for this trike, too. Are throttle cables available out of Minnesota or should I try Daytona?
Thanks,

Ozarkryder - we have the cables in stock at our MN location. Easy enough to give us a ring at 800-331-0705 and ask for Marvin. He can take care of getting a spare cable sent out. You have two options on cables: just the inner (steel) cable $11.00 or a complete cable with exterior sheathing for $29.40. Both prices do not include any applicable tax or shipping charges.

All of us at Roadsmith appreciate your business!

Reactions: CAG
Nice! I found a 15' cable/sheath on line from a trike outfit that makes VW trikes in the Big Daddy Roth style for $79.99.:AGGHH: The better deal was a kit from England - 10 metres with hardware to make 4 or 5 regular length cables for about $60, depending on exchange rates. I could get 2 cables for the trike out of this one.

The best choice is a cable and sheath actually made for the trike. ThumbUp Looks like I'll be calling Minnesota again!

Runabout parts

Ozarkryder - we have the cables in stock at our MN location. Easy enough to give us a ring at 800-331-0705 and ask for Marvin. He can take care of getting a spare cable sent out. You have two options on cables: just the inner (steel) cable $11.00 or a complete cable with exterior sheathing for $29.40. Both prices do not include any applicable tax or shipping charges.

All of us at Roadsmith appreciate your business!

I was wondering if you have a listing of all the parts still available? I have a 2006 Runabout ( I thought it was a Roadhawk when I bought it ) and I would love to be able to get spare and or replacement parts for it. I really would like to replace the cracked tail lights.

Thank you,

Mike

I was wondering if you have a listing of all the parts still available? I have a 2006 Runabout ( I thought it was a Roadhawk when I bought it ) and I would love to be able to get spare and or replacement parts for it. I really would like to replace the cracked tail lights.

Thank you,

Mike

Hey Mike - some things we have in stock still, and some items we can source. We have a couple rooms full of parts, but they are not cataloged. Best way to find what we have is to send a request to marv@roadsmithtrikes.com and he can research and get back to you. Pictures of what you are replacing/needing will help also.

Jim

Hey Mike - some things we have in stock still, and some items we can source. We have a couple rooms full of parts, but they are not cataloged. Best way to find what we have is to send a request to marv@roadsmithtrikes.com and he can research and get back to you. Pictures of what you are replacing/needing will help also.

Jim

Well I mis stated the year it is actually a 94 so I'm not sure if you would have parts for that being as old as it is, the biggest thing I want to get is a set of tail lights mine have several cracks, other things would mainly be for cosmetic reasons

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png