Question on Ultraboy steering mod..

mopar

May 6, 2010
Anderson SC
I read Ultraboy's article on the TG steering mod and purchased the trees, forks, skirt, hardware and brakeline kit for a TG. I have not ordered the skirt bushings, mentioned in the article, yet. Part# 45442-86. While looking on my bike (2008 SG), I can't see where they are located. I thought it was the rubber bushings on the fork tubes but after reading the article again, I'm not sure. Anyone know where they're located and how hard are they to remove and install?

On the Ultra...they are pressed into the outside ends of one of the tree brackets, but did you say you had an SG....is that a Super Glide? I may be way behind the times and model designations could have outran me, but Ultraboy's modification is for the dresser framed bikes like the Ultra, Road King and Road Glide.

Those bushings are used to prevent over tightening of the screws that mount the skirt and passing-lamp bracket against the faring inner....squeezing the fairing inner.

1550vt, It's a 2008 Street Glide. Same frame and fairing as Ultra Glide. Thanks for the info. Now I know where to look.

"The lower tree does not come with the guide bushings for the inner fairing/skirt, so you will have to either procure two new bushings (H-D P/N 45442-86) or remove the old bushings and install them on the TG tree." They are pressed into the lower tree, so either pull them out and put them in to the new lower tree, or spend 2 bucks and get new ones. They should be there to properly locate the inner fairing and skirt.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png