• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

LED Headlights and Spotlights

Reaction score
Looking into buying LED Lighting for my Triglide. Headlight 7 in. has a Halo ring in Red,blue, green, white or amber. What color would be best? White? Or you can get it without the Halo ring. What do you think?
Are any of the colors illegal in Il.?

Looking into buying LED Lighting for my Triglide. Headlight 7 in. has a Halo ring in Red,blue, green, white or amber. What color would be best? White? Or you can get it without the Halo ring. What do you think?
Are any of the colors illegal in Il.?

I think the Halo would be another good light to get attention to other drivers and Amber would be a second color and be visible over the white headlight. The other colors are illegal on the front of a vehicle here in Ga.

I think the Halo would be another good light to get attention to other drivers and Amber would be a second color and be visible over the white headlight. The other colors are illegal on the front of a vehicle here in Ga.
Thanks Sully I was pretty sure most would be illegal in some states. I Googled about Illinois and found a few things out about the colors.

Bought the 4.5 spots with white Halo and 7" with white Halo. Had to run wire for Halo for the spots and headlight to Aux switch.
Hooked up and shinny brightly. I like a lot.

Required reading:D: FMVSS, paragraph 108!
You will find, in all 50 states, you are allowed white or amber to the front. Any other color is illegal for the vehicle while in motion on the "street".

Thanks for the info tfdeputydawg, good thing I choice white. Worked at the Garbage Incinerator in Indy for 2 years when It first started up. Lived in the Chesapeak Landing Appts. on the West side off 38th Street.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png