Tire question.

520fd

550+ Posts
Aug 9, 2010
Davenport, Iowa USA
I have a 2001 GL800 55000 Miles. I have a Tow-Pac Insta-Trike kit on it. I have Dunlop Elite 3 130/70R18 in the front.
Dunlop Elite 3 180/60R16 in the rear. The tires are wearing pretty flat, since there is no lean on the bike. What I'm wandering is there a better or (different) tire I can buy since it has the Tow-Pac Trike kit on it? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks Jerry.

There's a new tire out designed for the trike .. for the life of me, I can't remember who makes it ... some one will chime in, or you could use the search function (upper right) and search trike front tire. You'll be reading for days.

- - - Updated - - -

It's made by Avon, called the cobra trike tire.

First, not sure why you posted this in the Stallion Trike forum.
Also I assume you mean GL1800, rather than GL800.
If you are never going to take the TowPac off, Avon makes a trike specific front tire and a search for car tire threads will give you several to pick from for the rear.
Just remember, you will, most likely, have to reset the preload on you TowPac if you install a car tire on the back.

First, not sure why you posted this in the Stallion Trike forum.

Also I assume you mean GL1800, rather than GL800.

If you are never going to take the TowPac off, Avon makes a trike specific front tire and a search for car tire threads will give you several to pick from for the rear.

Just remember, you will, most likely, have to reset the preload on you TowPac if you install a car tire on the back.

Sorry about the GL800. I guess the Keyboard missed a couple pecks. I do have club fingers. After I posted, I realized it was on the wrong forum. But couldn't move it to the proper forum. Thanks for the info.

Sorry about the GL800. I guess the Keyboard missed a couple pecks. I do have club fingers. After I posted, I realized it was on the wrong forum. But couldn't move it to the proper forum. Thanks for the info.

No big deal, however if you want it moved, you could PM one of the moderators.

I think cavie meant paste in his suggestion:D:wave4:

I have a 2001 GL800 55000 Miles. I have a Tow-Pac Insta-Trike kit on it. I have Dunlop Elite 3 130/70R18 in the front.
Dunlop Elite 3 180/60R16 in the rear. The tires are wearing pretty flat, since there is no lean on the bike. What I'm wandering is there a better or (different) tire I can buy since it has the Tow-Pac Trike kit on it? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks Jerry.

many have when to the dark side two wheel and three wheeler check out dark side on the delphi forum, riding the drake side

I do not recommend running the following without the kit attached.:AGGHH:

For the front 130/70/R18 use a Avon Trike radial. The rear CT (car tire) is a 195 or 205/55/R16 and keeps the speedo pretty close.

many have when to the dark side two wheel and three wheeler check out dark side on the delphi forum, riding the drake side
ThumbUp

Go Darkside (car tire in rear) especially with a Tow-Pak since you are not leaning. If you are wondering if it is safe. The Trike conversions are using them so what's the difference? The only problem is finding someone to install it. Most MC places cry about safety and liability. Some have said they brought it to car tire installer and told them you are using it for a trailer.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png