What is the Best Mod you did to your Trike?

Papa Zook

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What is the best mod you did to your trike? If you have more than one that you really like, then name the top two or three in order of 1st, 2nd and 3rd and what you like about each one. This can be a modification, a tuner, paint job, handlebar, engine upgrade, accessory etc.

Also, post your trike info first, example:

Harley Ultra Hannigan Conversion
or
Honda GL1800 Roadsmith Conversion
or
Harley Tri-Glide

2011 Tri-Glide .......
1]True duels, And a stage 1.........ThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp
2] Mechanical Reverse....ThumbUpThumbUp

Last edited:
Best Trike mod

Had Rekluse clutch installed on 2015 Triglide. With long traffic lights in Florida, makes life easier for old hands.

GL1800 with Roadsmith trike:

1. Traxxion AK-20 cartridges and springs in forks.

2. Safety cap on auxiliary fuel switch so it could not be accidently turned on.

3. Centramatic balancers on front wheel

Honda Gl1800

Handle Bar Risers
Back Rest
Baker Wings under the Mirrors
Airhawk R Seat Cushion
Highway Pegs

All made me more comfortable for long rides

GL1800 with Roadsmith trike:

1. Traxxion AK-20 cartridges and springs in forks.

2. Safety cap on auxiliary fuel switch so it could not be accidently turned on.

3. Centramatic balancers on front wheel

I had to look this up but then wondered why they show the bike version with 3 balancers and the trike version with just 2. Or am I reading it wrong?

Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide/Hannigan Transformer conversion (This was the absolute best mod)
(1) Mine and Zook's paint scheme,executed by Hannigan
(2) 17x7 Intro billet wheels (+40 offset) and Michelin Pilot Sport 205/50/17 tires
(3) Corbin Dual Touring seat with passenger backrest
(4) Vance & Hines Power Dual headpipes and Monster Round mufflers
(5) Zook's raked triple trees
(6) Chrome front end with H-D Reaper chrome forged front wheel & Reaper front rotors
(7) Champion mechanical reverse
(8) Too many others to list

Best Mods

HD TriGlide

1. TTS-100 cams
2. Good TTS tune
3. Road Zep seat
4. Wife on the back

Don't need more than that.....

Our 2004 GL1800 Champion was pretty much loaded when we got it. In order, our best 3 mods we put on:
1) Diamond Custom Seat - Turned a 300 mile trike
into an easy 600+ mile trike
2) RAM Mounts - mounts for the GPS, Phones and Drink Holders
3) Pinstriping from Chicken Scratchin' by Lynus
Just 'cause it looks cool.

Last edited:
2011 Tri-Glide sold, but did the same thing to it as the current-

2014 Tri-Glide

There are 3 things I've done that are equally important...without all 3 of these, I would not be comfortable riding it.

1. Performance Plus Stage I

1. One-off handlebars that put the grips exactly where they need to be for my shoulder not to hurt

1. Back-rest

Tons of other mods that really make the trike more enjoyable, safer, more comfortable & fun...but the above three are necessary for me.

Kevin

2005 Road Star w/ Champion conversion

1- Memphis Shades fairing w/ 12" windshield and lower wind deflectors
2- Cobra slip ons
3- Grasshopper backrest
Those are the top 3, subject to change when I replace the stock seats with ED seats. Also, have Shark Audio 250w stereo, Joe Florida trike LED kit and have removed the AIS. And of course, more to follow.

For me it was the Zeppelin seat. Fit me like a glove and made it way easier to stay in the saddle ... not too mention the infinite seat positions at the touch of your fingers.

Our 2004 GL1800 Champion was pretty much loaded when we got it. In order, our best 3 mods we put on:
1) Diamond Custom Seat - Turned a 300 mile trike
into an easy 600+ mile trike
2) RAM Mounts - mounts for the GPS, Phones and Drink Holders
3) Pinstriping from Chicken Scratchin' by Lynus
Just 'cause it looks cool.

Hi Ozarkryder, Could you please post a picture of your RAM Mounts showing your GPS, Phone & Drink Holder. I am just starting to look for something to mount my on my 03 Goldwing Trike?
Thanks in advance

2011 Tri-Glide with 48,000 miles.

1. Stage 4 engine mods with 259E Cams, V&H Power Duals, V&H High Output Mufflers.

2. Mustang seat.

3. Kury adjustable foot rests and Corbin extended arm rests for my BOB. [Babe On Back].

4. Every original light has been swapped out to LED and all added-on lights are LED.

5. Lift kit and wind control add-on's from T-Glide Stuff. The first major mods I did almost 5 years ago.

6- GPS mounted on left handlebar. I already know where I am going and where I have been, but mostly use it as a digital speedometer.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png