Daytona, Demos and Indian Trikes

Oct 20, 2014
Lancaster
Went to the first weekend of Bike week for 2016 and spent some time test riding different bikes and Trikes. Rode a Road King, Street Glide and Free Wheeler from HD. Wow, The Freewheeler was a hot rod. HD sent you off on their course unguided and you could thrash the bikes as you dared. I ran the free up to about 4500 rpm and shot it to second and it chirped the back tires. Wow.

We rode the Indian Roadmaster, Chieftain and looked for a trike model but no dice. The Indians had all kinds of power, rode great and smooth, but i have too much money invested in wardrobe to jump ship now. We went to Beach Street and the Indian dealer. They had a beautiful blue and cream Roadmaster at 29k. But what drew my eyes was the same color Indian TRIKE sitting along the back wall. I have no idea who did the conversion but it was top notch. The price was a bit much though....$49,999. The new Triglides are about 37 so I won't be buying an Indian Trike anytime soon.

We rode the Can Am Spyder F3? big engine and rode pretty well but (I am sorry if I offend anyone, I don't mean to) while seated on it, I just kept thinking Snowmobile with wheels albeit it a nice snowmobile.

We stayed from Friday to Monday and had a great time. Main St was the usual blast. We even made it out to the cabbage patch. No cole slaw wrestling on tap just old school bikes. I bet this is what rallys used to be.

Bottom line, I was interested in the Indian Roadmaster, it probably rode the best but no way I could justify a $50k trike.

Oh yeah, there were trikes everywhere on the streets and a good representation of all kinds of trikes. Slingshots, stallions, HD, Honda, CSC, Roadsmith and many more. Great to see so many people on 3

Steve

pi ck me up a discount voucher from california sidecar.
you have to be there to get it.worth a thousand dollars
off a trike kit. its a 2800 mile round trip for me.they have
a large setup somewhere down there. and demos to ride

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png