2010 trike value question.

Jul 8, 2012
monee, illinois
Ive made a lot of changes to my 2010 in the last three years, some not to the liking of others im sure..

Lately ive been getting the itch to buy a newer one, looking at the cooled heads and the redesigned looks.

Im trying to think of the best way to go to sell out right or trade. A lot of the dealers ive spoken with state might be tough selling a trike with the larger wheel and apes. I still have the stock wheel and fender and can install lower handlebars.

My question is do you think looking at the way I have it now. Should I go for the trade in, obviously ill get less or do you think there might be a market the way it is now.

This was my first trike so im not really sure on the market for them. It is a different kind of trike.

Also any idea how I would price something like this. Nada lists their value, but it is very different from stock.

Thanks

What do you honestly think your trike is worth? Don't cop-out on us and tell us you don't know because you do know what it's worth,to you. Give us that number and show us a few photos. Do that and we will give you some honest opinions.

most mods do not increase the value of a trade. They MAY in a private sale if the buyer really likes the mod. List prices give you an idea what to start at for your sale. As like everyone thats buying they are going to offer lower if they are interested. Good luck

I would keep the 2010, after all you did get it to how you like it. A new one is nice, and if you must have one, list the 2010 on ebay or craigs list for 24,500, and try to get over 20k.....if the difference between that and a new one is OK with you, start all over again with a 2016. Me, I would just keep looking and dreaming.

Sorry thought I added the picture, my main question was not to the value, but do make changes or go with the trade in value. I know I wont get what I want.
Harley dealer I talked to says they go by NADA values. Which values the 2010 as top trade in as 17,995.
My question is do you think it would be worth it based on the changes I made, namely the powdercoat.
The apes I can change back to a lower height and I also have the stock front rim that was powdercoated to match the rears.
Didn't know if its worth changing everything back over just to realize Im gonna have to go with a trade in.

Attachments

• 20150121_162635-1280x720.jpg
    20150121_162635-1280x720.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 152
I have a 2010 Roadglide trike up for sale.

Mine has a lot of mods on it as well.

the best offer I have got on mine is 26.5K

you have a good looking trike. The blacked out effect is a popular one.

IMO...set a value of what its worth to you, you obviously built it the way you like and want it, don't settle for a BS Stealer offer

If you get an offer worth YOUR value, sell it and move up

If not...enjoy it and ride it like you stole it

How many miles are on it? Just my personal opinion but I don't think I would sell that trike for only $18K. My guess is your local Harley dealer is going to want another $17K or so to trade. The newer Rushmore trikes are nice but,,,
YMMV,though

dealer will try to sell for around 23k..You be lucky to get 18k range for it trade in..
You be best to take all the extras off and sell yourself.

Try to sell yourself and may get more that the stealer

Nice effect you have with the black-out look. I would sell out right you can offer it thru the Rider to Rider program. And get what it's truly worth no way I would trade it for 17k heck my 23 year old trike is worth almost that. Don't sell it short take your time and get the cash.ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png