Dang Gremlins.

pddgm

90+ Posts
May 15, 2014
Sunrise Beach, MO
Rode to work the other day and when I got ready to ride home. Noticed that the wires leading down to the front fender were frayed and broken in two where they were zip tied to the brake line going over the lower triple tree. Can't imagine how they wore in to. Oh, well just another unsolved mystery in my life, now to add a little wire and splice everything back together. Only thing that worried me going home, seems I didn't have any brake lights and wouldn't you know it, had a deputy sheriff follow me for like 5 miles...No ticket, just didn't use the brakes...LOL

Rode to work the other day and when I got ready to ride home. Noticed that the wires leading down to the front fender were frayed and broken in two where they were zip tied to the brake line going over the lower triple tree. Can't imagine how they wore in to. Oh, well just another unsolved mystery in my life, now to add a little wire and splice everything back together. Only thing that worried me going home, seems I didn't have any brake lights and wouldn't you know it, had a deputy sheriff follow me for like 5 miles...No ticket, just didn't use the brakes...LOL

Take a look at the shake you front end does with the motor running and you'll understand why those wire wore if zip tied tightly.

Or even if you did use your brakes and he pulled you over, you say "I wasn't using my brakes, I was using the engine to slow me down.":p:qpnmt:

Made the repairs today to the wires. Use heat shrink butt connectors and then wrapped it in a good quality electrical tape. Did some looking after I made the repairs and checked to see all was working. Seems who ever put the chrome frame covers on the trike moved the wiring or it was just a bad design, the cause in my opinion was when I turned the front end all the way to the right to the stop, it hit on the wiring and eventually cut it. I moved the wiring and just loosely wire tied it to a different spot up under the neck. Will just be careful when turning the front end from now on.

Thanks for all the input.

:pepper:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png