LL front end build (leading link)

redneckray

Tour Captain
Jan 27, 2010
Well just wanted to share with you on how i build a LL front end, this is going on a trike frame that i am building, there are alot of ways to build a LL, but this is my version of how i do it, i start off with 1/2 in plate and cut it to size 6 in x 12 in and mark my holes for the downtube and the center bolt[which will be 1 in and down tubes 2 in.

I use 2 in dom tubing with a 1/4 in wall [won't bend] here are some pics of it so far, will post more as i go along with the LL build.

The tubing is cut to length of 36 in. And will cut it as i know what wheel i will use and then make the rest of the ll brackets and then mount the shocks, this ll is going on a trike frame that has a rake of 50 degrees and will handle great on the roads.

Last edited:
Re: Ll front end build[ll leading link]

Looking sweet Ray ... What type shocks do you use? ... I like the 1/4" wall of your tubes ... Nice and sturdy ... Dang near flip a deer with those ... :eek:

on the shocks, i use ones off a honad 450 or similar, work real good too, you could hit a semi and not hurt it,grinn

here are the pics of it all done,

Last edited:

Here are more of it, set at a 50 degree rake

Last edited:

Ray, is this the trike you are building for yourself?

No, mine is sitting in the corner waiting for it's turn,

I wish some one would tell me what I am doing wrong as I can't see any of the pics and I would love to watch the process of the build.. Diny dang darn it....
Old Goat:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::confused:

LOL! I'm tempted to tease you Corky, and let you think you are the only one who can't see pictures.....but I can't do that to you!
No, you aren't doing anything wrong! We are upgrading to a new, bigger, better server. And while we are doing that, the entire program is being updated. Right now, the pictures are almost the last thing still being worked on. They will all be up bigger and better soon.

Thank You Nana for that response. I to was wondering why I could not see the pictures. Guess I'll have to wait for the followup and reread these posts. Again THANKS Nana.

Triker Walt :D

I hate to be a stickler for details but you show a tube front-end with a leading link suspension. I use a LL suspension also, but I put it on a (rigid) Girder front-end. Srsly stronger for the beating I expect my scoots to go thru.

We all have our ways,your front end look good, i personally wouldn't want one, grinn] but we all have our likes and dislikes, to me it is all about what handles well and looks are important too,
have a good one oneton,

hi guy's new here and also looking to find the pick's as i wanna build some llforks

Well just wanted to share with you on how i build a LL front end, this is going on a trike frame that i am building, there are alot of ways to build a LL, but this is my version of how i do it, i start off with 1/2 in plate and cut it to size 6 in x 12 in and mark my holes for the downtube and the center bolt[which will be 1 in and down tubes 2 in.

I use 2 in dom tubing with a 1/4 in wall [won't bend] here are some pics of it so far, will post more as i go along with the LL build.

The tubing is cut to length of 36 in. And will cut it as i know what wheel i will use and then make the rest of the ll brackets and then mount the shocks, this ll is going on a trike frame that has a rake of 50 degrees and will handle great on the roads.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png