Tri Glide Brake Light add-on

I think that if you want a safe and reliable feed for your extra lights you need to add a powered trailer lighting module and keep the additional light off any of the CanBus circuits and limit your chances of blowing something in the BCM. I'm running a trailer module from Electrical connections and haven't had any issues with anything on the bike. You can tape off the unneeded wires and just use the ground and brake feed if that is all you want.

I had not thought of that! But that would definitely work!

I added led lighting to the rear of my 2015 tri glide be tying into the tail lights. I did this about 600 miles ago and have had zero problems. I just went out and pulled the tour pak liner back and unplugged the light. Looking into the plug with the plug lock on the right side. The top two are the turn signals the lower left is the running light the lower right is the BRAKE ONLY. So splice into that wire to add a brake only light. Best to solder wiring View attachment 34844

But it looks like HD does give access to the brake signal on it's own dedicated wire...after looking at my TP lights yesterday, it seemed that they had to have done this, and here it is. :)

Kevin

jc 1300, I must of had a brain fart earlier and didn't think of this:xzqxz:. Much better location to tie into. Between your seat and tour pack there is wiring attached to brackets. Pull off your seat and locate the wiring coming out of tour pack trace it to the correct plug unplug it see attached photo for the position of the BRAKE ONLY pin (needle stuck in pin) I would tie into it at this location.

20160401_153059 (800x450).jpg

jc 1300, I must of had a brain fart earlier and didn't think of this:xzqxz:. Much better location to tie into. Between your seat and tour pack there is wiring attached to brackets. Pull off your seat and locate the wiring coming out of tour pack trace it to the correct plug unplug it see attached photo for the position of the BRAKE ONLY pin (needle stuck in pin) I would tie into it at this location.

View attachment 34850

LOL - Better yet - Thank you - jc

View attachment 34850

So ya think I'm a bit behind on my reply? Good Lord....TRIGLIDE! Everything you proposed worked out perfect. An easy splice and routed the wires thru the trunk. So as planned, the light is just a brake light and you can barely see it when not in use. Just a little something more going on back there when I'm stopping - Thanks again Triglide - jc

https://www.facebook.com/john.compt...f_t=video_processed&notif_id=1473984427063588

I'm putting a set of Hyperlites on my TG and I called them about a brake only wire, they told me the light blue with red stripe was the brake wire and black of course ground.

3 wire light bar

LOL - Better yet - Thank you - jc
hey brother on the the three wire light bar I wanted it all to work the running light brake and turn to work does this plug have all of them there so i can hook my light bar there? I trace down under my seat the turn and brake light but not the running light but it looked mighty light not as bright as my other lights are, mine is a 2010 triglid in which me and wife just pure love if I had of known I have this much enjoyment on a triglids I had one 20 years ago I guess the reason why is my wife now will ride with me and that alone is the reason I really love it but she don't feel safe without brighter lights and as you know yourself you can never have to much on rear to keep others from running over you so if you could help me also I really need your help if possible I don't want to step on the other guy toes because he asked for help first so help him first then if you have any time to help me then that would be great if not I fully understand if you could help me too I am a disable vet so I can used all the help I can get thanks ride safe

hey brother on the the three wire light bar I wanted it all to work the running light brake and turn to work does this plug have all of them there so i can hook my light bar there? I trace down under my seat the turn and brake light but not the running light but it looked mighty light not as bright as my other lights are, mine is a 2010 triglid in which me and wife just pure love if I had of known I have this much enjoyment on a triglids I had one 20 years ago I guess the reason why is my wife now will ride with me and that alone is the reason I really love it but she don't feel safe without brighter lights and as you know yourself you can never have to much on rear to keep others from running over you so if you could help me also I really need your help if possible I don't want to step on the other guy toes because he asked for help first so help him first then if you have any time to help me then that would be great if not I fully understand if you could help me too I am a disable vet so I can used all the help I can get thanks ride safe

Hey......Dan...Welcome to Trike-Talk........:wave4:--:wave4:.....

Welcome Dan, I have a 2013 and I spliced into the harness that feeds the tail lights on the TRI. The 2010 was a HD send to Lehman Trike for conversion then back to HD for sale. I am not sure where the harness on the 2010 runs but it has got to be there somewhere and that's where to splice in for your light bar. You may have to purchase some type of converter if your light bar does not have turn signals built in, to tell the light bar to light for Brake and not turn. Custom Dynamics sells those type of things. Good Luck

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png