Buying a trailer - help

wehrme

250+ Posts
May 20, 2014
Decatur, IL
I'm about ready to buy a open trailer for hauling around my GW/Razor.

I have a good price on a 12' x 77".

I know the trike will fit, but should I get a longer trailer?

12 footer won't give me a lot of room for front/back adjustment of tongue weight.

Anybody using a 12' please chime in.

Thanks

It really depends on where the axle is located. You need toung weight but you don't want all the weight on the toung. My experience with trailers is, if you are close on the lenght you need get a foot longer. I don't think you will be sorry for the extra space you will get.

I'm about ready to buy a open trailer for hauling around my GW/Razor. I have a good price on a 12' x 77". I know the trike will fit, but should I get a longer trailer? 12 footer won't give me a lot of room for front/back adjustment of tongue weight. Anybody using a 12' please chime in. Thanks
I have a 12 by 6 1/2... All aluminum trailer [Aluma] rated for 2400 pounds.. My Tri-Glide fits.. Also my Rhino fits.. And tows great, Not both at the same time of course. The heaviest part of the trike goes over the axle..What i like is that the trailer is light, And i can move it around my driveway by hand..Before this one i had a steel landscape type trailer... And to move it around my driveway [It's on a hill] I needed help...
Just to add the rear gate is also a ramp...

I'm about ready to buy a open trailer for hauling around my GW/Razor.

I have a good price on a 12' x 77".

I know the trike will fit, but should I get a longer trailer?

12 footer won't give me a lot of room for front/back adjustment of tongue weight.

Thanks

Had a 12' but went with a 14'. A 7' x 14'. more room all around. You never know when you will need that extra footage. Putting a front tool box inside of frame with still enough room and the rear tires of the Triglide fit over the axle just right.:Shrug:

wehrme wrote

I'm about ready to buy a open trailer for hauling around my GW/Razor. I have a good price on a 12' x 77". I know the trike will fit, but should I get a longer trailer? 12 footer won't give me a lot of room for front/back adjustment of tongue weight.

I have a 6 1/2 by 12 foot V neck trailer that I haul my trike in. Have plenty of room in front and about 1 1/2 feet in he back, very little on each side. With the trike loaded it has about 400 lbs of tongue weight.

Last edited:
I have a 6 x 12 enclosed trailer (Pace). My DFT-conversion '97 Harley bagger fits fine and tows great. If you are getting into the 12-footer for a good price, buy it, try it and sell it if you don't like it. ;)

Good luck!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdow5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdow5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png