Install/Remove a Battery

Anyone ever attempt to remove or install their battery in a Roadsmith Trike?.........:AGGHH:.......:gah:

I left my ignition on and thought my battery was died so I tempted removed it and OH MY, what a pain.

Any suggestions would help.

The way I fixed mine (same problem) I moved the battery to the trunk and installed new cables from the battery to the old battery cables.

Bob

I just changed mine and for awhile it really gave me fits. I finally put a little piece of
tape at each end of the little slot to hold the nut in place. Worked like a charm. If you
are installing a Yusa it probably has brass nuts & bolts. These strip very easy so be careful and start with your fingers if possible.

If you
are installing a Yusa it probably has brass nuts & bolts. These strip very easy so be careful and start with your fingers if possible.

Yes it is a Yusa and to get my fingers in far enough to start the bolts was the trouble.

After hours of trying, I finally pulled the whole battery out stretch the positive cable,
and got it threaded, then carefully wedged the battery back in place to attach the Neg. post.

Anyone ever attempt to remove or install their battery in a Roadsmith Trike?.........:AGGHH:.......:gah:

I left my ignition on and thought my battery was died so I tempted removed it and OH MY, what a pain.

Any suggestions would help.
Don't know what kit you have, but my Roadsmith Kit duz not change the access to the Gold Wing battery at all.

You know after reading this post, (yes I know it's an old post) I went out and looked at my trike... Yes it's going to be a total "bear" to remove that battery, and replace it..WHY did they make it so it so hard, to service that battery??? There's a hard plastic lip that's in the way, that make it impossible to just slide out the battery to remove or change or even worse, if yea have to use jumper cables to jump start your bike in case of an emergency...:blush::blush:

Just asking here: If anybody found an easier way to service or remove a Yasa battery??? From a Goldwing with a Roadsmith conversion???????????

Ronnie

You know after reading this post, (yes I know it's an old post) I went out and looked at my trike... Yes it's going to be a total "bear" to remove that battery, and replace it..WHY did they make it so it so hard, to service that battery??? There's a hard plastic lip that's in the way, that make it impossible to just slide out the battery to remove or change or even worse, if yea have to use jumper cables to jump start your bike in case of an emergency...:blush::blush:

Just asking here: If anybody found an easier way to service or remove a Yasa battery??? From a Goldwing with a Roadsmith conversion???????????

Ronnie

Hey, Ronnie removing the battery from Tri-Glide ain't much easier ....:(-:Shrug:

Ronnie

There is no easy way to remove/install the battery in a Roadsmith trike conversion.

That said, for jumping a died battery, my '12 Goldwing came with a "charging harness" that will work to jump the battery.

Just make sure you have the correct connection.

I just replaced the battery in my rs/hts , I removed the left rear wheel, made it easy to disconnect positive cable. Then took a thin flat bar at the negative end and it came right out.

I just replaced the battery in my rs/hts , I removed the left rear wheel, made it easy to disconnect positive cable. Then took a thin flat bar at the negative end and it came right out.

Are you saying that you actually had to remove the rear wheel to remove a battery??? [Uggggggggg :mad:] I'm actually thinking about taking a drummel tool and shaving down that plastic lip that's in the way.. (it really serves no purpose) and it's covered up so it's not seen.........I'm just "thinking out loud here" but what happens if your out on the road and your battery goes dead, what a pain that would be to also have to remove a rear wheel as well.. *not trying to argue that fact*, but again, if on road,and broken down with a no start problem , you'd have to also have a jack to lift bike up off the road, and tire iron with correct sized lug nut socket set...THERE HAS BE AN EASIER WAY!!!!!!!

[ACTULLY THE WORSE CASE would be, what if your riding with a Harley buddy , and his bike is running fine, and your Honda broke down :blush::blush::blush: lol Embarrassment!!!

Ronnie

Are you saying that you actually had to remove the rear wheel to remove a battery??? [Uggggggggg :mad:] I'm actually thinking about taking a drummel tool and shaving down that plastic lip that's in the way.. (it really serves no purpose) and it's covered up so it's not seen.........I'm just "thinking out loud here" but what happens if your out on the road and your battery goes dead, what a pain that would be to also have to remove a rear wheel as well.. *not trying to argue that fact*, but again, if on road,and broken down with a no start problem , you'd have to also have a jack to lift bike up off the road, and tire iron with correct sized lug nut socket set...THERE HAS BE AN EASIER WAY!!!!!!!

[ACTULLY THE WORSE CASE would be, what if your riding with a Harley buddy , and his bike is running fine, and your Honda broke down :blush::blush::blush: lol Embarrassment!!!

Ronnie

From what i understand that 98 percent of all the Goldwings that were built in the last 15 years and that also includes even the ones that once were built right here in America are still on the road today ,

The other 2 percent made it home....:D

if on road,and broken down with a no start problem , you'd have to also have a jack to lift bike up off the road, and tire iron with correct sized lug nut socket set...THERE HAS BE AN EASIER WAY!!!!!!!

I'm guessing roadside assistance would be the answer here.

Haul it to your friendly Honda dealer, invest in a new battery and let them worry about the installation.

From what i understand that 98 percent of all the Goldwings that were built in the last 15 years and that also includes even the ones that once were built right here in America are still on the road today ,

The other 2 percent made it home....:D

Good *come-back* LOL :clapping::clapping:

Ronnie

I'm guessing roadside assistance would be the answer here.

Haul it to your friendly Honda dealer, invest in a new battery and let them worry about the installation.

You know, I like your idea! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I guess my battery is now approx. 5-6 years old (it's getting too be time!) thank you!

Ronnie

Resurrecting this thread because I had to replace my battery this week and ran into this very issue.

Sure enough, there is a lip in the way of removing the battery making it practically impossible to remove.

I solved this by sliding the battery out as far as it would go till it hit the lip. I then marked the area where it was hitting.

I pushed the battery back in, took a small file and filed away just the minimum amount of material in the marked area enough to allow the battery to easily be removed/installed just like it was prior to the conversion.

Mine is a 2013 Roadsmith on an '06 Wing.

Resurrecting this thread because I had to replace my battery this week and ran into this very issue.

Sure enough, there is a lip in the way of removing the battery making it practically impossible to remove.

I solved this by sliding the battery out as far as it would go till it hit the lip. I then marked the area where it was hitting.

I pushed the battery back in, took a small file and filed away just the minimum amount of material in the marked area enough to allow the battery to easily be removed/installed just like it was prior to the conversion.

Mine is a 2013 Roadsmith on an '06 Wing.

Yep! That is exactly what I did... (Good/smart move) :clapping:This will help you in the future "big time"

2010 Goldwing on a 2104 Roadsmith

Ronnie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png