Rear Shock Questions

stanley175

Jan 5, 2016
Marlborough, MA
I actually have a few questions that I need help with regarding the rear shocks on my 2007 Suzuki C90 with a Lehman Jackal conversion kit. I am new to trike riding and I have only had this trike since December 2015. Living here in the Northeast I have not had much of a chance to ride it until now.

Yesterday I was out for a ride and every time I made a left hand turn the rear of trike seemed like it wanted to lean way over to the right almost to the point that it felt like it wanted to roll over. Is this normal? It does not does this when I make right hand turns.

I went home and adjusted the air pressure in the rear tire, 22 in left rear and 25 in the right rear, to help compensate for the crown in the center of the road. This helped some so I went home and adjusted the rear shocks. While adjusting the rear shocks, I noticed that the left rear shock spring was stiff and it took some force to turn the adjusting ring up to add more tension to that spring. When I adjusted the right rear spring, I noticed it took very little to no force to adjust that spring for a stiffer ride.

So my question is this, which is normal? Is there something wrong with the right rear spring tension and is this why my trike seems to act the way it does when I make a left hand turn? Is one of the shocks bad?

What are my options? Should I replace the shocks and if so, with what?

I am open to any and all suggestions.

Wayne

JMO, Sounds like ya got a IRS . That being so, I would ck for the sway bar links connected or possably worn.
Also contact Lehman for replacement springs and shocks. The RR seems n/g . You could remove both shocks and check there resistance with the springs off. You could also just have a weak spring. Unfortunately you got to remove them to ck out. In that case I would replace with new while out. Again JMO. Keep us posted.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png