Submariners?

2Paps

250+ Posts
Jan 11, 2016
W FL Panhandle
Now you've got me curious, it shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 Submariners to surround this whole group. How many of us are aboard the forum?

USS Triton
USS Sunfish
USS Spadefish
USS Thomas A. Edison
USS Stonewall Jackson

All those boats were decommissioned and cut up for scrap metal years before I retired in '93! Yeah, I served in all of them too.

Not a Submariner, but I tracked a bunch of em as a Sonar Tech and Ocean Systems Tech. Retired in 09 after completing 30 years and 24 days.

Bubba

I'll bet most of them were not ours. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Not a submariner ... but I did lots of repairs on them ... especially the nukes.

Thank you! If it wasn't for the shipyards and repair facilities we wouldn't be able to do the things we do.

The phase Submarine Racing was the brainchild of Murray the ''K''... Somewhere around 1958/59.... I remember watching the races and listing to him from the back seat of a 59 Mercury with a hot rod Lincoln engine..ThumbUp..,.... Those were the days , I guess you can look back , But you can't go back...

Not one either. Served in the ground based air Navy (P-3's) operating a couple of sensor stations and radio. Tracked a lot of subs, mostly soviet. Did have the honor of meeting a WW2 submariner on the last cruise the wife and I went on. Some awesome stories.

Not one either. Served in the ground based air Navy (P-3's) operating a couple of sensor stations and radio. Tracked a lot of subs, mostly soviet. Did have the honor of meeting a WW2 submariner on the last cruise the wife and I went on. Some awesome stories.

When you can get a WW2 submariner to talk about their war experiences you're in for a treat. Most of the time they are pretty tight lipped.

Served aboard and qualified on the USS Daniel Webster SSBN 626 Gold when it had the bow planes, only nuke missile boat to have bow planes, made it easier to find coming back highly lubricated!!!!

I qualified on USS Triton (SSN 586) and spent 4.5 years aboard as a QM. She was the only boat we built with 2 reactors. She was also 450' long!

Do you ever come up to N. FL?

Last edited:
I qualified on USS Triton (SSN 586) and spent 4.5 years aboard as a QM. She was the only boat we built with 2 reactors. She was also 450' long!

Do you ever come up to N. FL?

not often only to pass through headed to New Mexico to sister in laws place. But hopefully will change after Dec this year I retire fully, then might start looking to move north of I-4! Take s8 hours just to get out of south Florida and it is getting to crazy down here!!!

I always admired all bottom feeders, thought it was cool lurking around to torpedo somthing.

Went to CT to tour one, being I'm clostifobic, :shok: had to vacate in a hurry. Sub folks are special !

I always admired all bottom feeders, thought it was cool lurking around to torpedo somthing.

Went to CT to tour one, being I'm clostifobic, :shok: had to vacate in a hurry. Sub folks are special !

Yes bubble-heads are a special group of, well let's just say different!! My wife's uncle as WWII bubble head, suffered 18 hours of depth charges from the Japanese Navy, aoparetnly they tok offense to them sinking their ships!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png