CATS! Post Yours...

Papa Zook

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 14, 2007
Conroe, Texas
This is Aussie, our three legged stray that showed up at our back door three years ago. She had been de-clawed and her left rear leg must have gotten badly broken because it had been surgically removed, so we knew she had been someone's pet. We put up posters in the neighborhood, but never found her owners so we figure she was no longer wanted and had been dropped off in our neighborhood, which happened a lot.

I initially asked Marge not to feed her, as we already had two that she had taken in and another one we adopted when my mom passed away. She quietly fed her anyway and I'm glad because shes my favorite of the bunch now. Turns out she was so thin that we first thought she was a really young, large kitten. She wasn't and fattened up quickly and has transformed into a very loving, but spoiled and demanding family member.

aussiecouch3.jpg

If I'm not paying her attention, petting her or giving her treats on time, she lets me know it....oh yeah, I have spoiled her rotten. Aussie (initially nicknamed Tripod but I was overruled) pictured here sitting in my spot on the sofa, thinking she's a person. She's velcro to me...man have I gotten attached to this one.

When our cat died last year we didn't want to get another until I retired and we settled into our new retirement home. But a month or so ago we baby?sat our daughter's new little kitten while they went to Mexico. My wife fell in love with it and decided she wanted a new cat now. So, with a little searching we wound up buying a little Bengal cat.

edit: forgot to say, we named her Milli

IMG_0040b.jpgIMG_0004.JPGIMG_0046b.jpg

Last edited:
Aden.jpg

This is Aden. He is 5 years old and is also a rescue cat. He was found and captured as a 1 week old kitten with 5 other brothers and sisters behind a dumpster in a route 95 rest stop along with the mother.

We adopted Aden from the local cat shelter. All of his brothers and sisters were eventually all adopted very quickly. The mother was fixed and then returned to the wild.

Aden was all white as a kitten. All of his brothers and sisters were a mix of black, white and tan. He eventually matured into one great and very loving cat with Siamese coloring.

Aden has used up 3 of his nine lives without injury. The first life, he hid inside my BBQ grill during an out of control outdoor fire from a burning nature preserve. The second life, he crawled up into the engine of my Dodge Ram on a very warm day.

I did not know this.

I went to start the truck.:AGGHH:

As soon as I did I could tell by the sound of the start up something was not right.

He dropped out of the engine compartment only missing a very small chunk of fur, very dazed but nothing broken, cut or damaged.

Aden used up his third life when he escaped the confines of the house December 20.

He went missing for exactly five days in a community of over 550 similar homes most of which back up to a very large federal nature preserve.

We thought he was gone for good.:xszpv:We were both very sad.

This was his first time outside unattended.

Early Christmas morning , I just happened to step outside and to my surprise he had found his way back home like it was no big deal.:)

It was the best Christmas present ever.

November of 2015... my daughter found this abandoned kitten outside her college dorm. We brought it home "only till we could find it a home".

Fast forward to now (almost a year and a half later)... I guess she is here to stay. Her name is Misha, and her and our Standard Poodle have developed a pretty strong bond.

Andy & Misha keeping an eye on the bird feeder outside the window.

Standing guard...

We have too many of them to post pictures. We had a stray more than 3 years ago have a litter of 6 kittens in your bushes. We opened the garage and let her bring them in for shelter. We we fell in love with them all and just did not have the heart to get rid of them. Now we have those, the mother, 2 fathers. We are the crazy cat people. I had no idea cats actually have personalities until you have multiples. And yes, all are fixed. Can't have any more.

MANDY

This is our Mandy. We were visiting friends whose cat gave birth seven weeks before. The kittens were wobbling around the front yard when Mandy crawled onto my wife's shoe and sat down. We took her home that day. She had chosen us. Mandy has been a great companion over the years. She will turn 18 this August.

IMG_20121209_160154.jpg

150.jpg147.jpg

he is the last of a pack of 9 cats left by the people next door about 15 years ago. lives out side and hangs out at my house. got his foot cut off in a trap about a month ago.
I couldn't bring myself to put him down. I don't know if I have went soft in the head or heart but after a fight I was able to get him to the vet and $500.00 later I too have a 3 legged cat.

Humor For Cat Lovers

Q. How do you know when your cat's done cleaning herself?
A. She's smoking a cigarette.

Q: What is it called when a cat wins a dog show?
A: A CAT-HAS-TROPHY!

Q: What do you get if you cross a leopard with a watchdog?
A: A terrified postman!

Q: What do you call a pile of kittens?
A: a meowntain

Q: When is a lion not a lion?
A: When he turns into his cage!

Q: Why don't cats like online shopping?
A: They prefer a cat-alogue.

Q: What did the cat say when he lost all his money?
A: I'm paw!

Q: Did you hear about the cat who swallowed a ball of yarn?
A: She had a litter of mittens.

Q: What do you get if you cross a cat with a dark horse?
A: Kitty Perry

Q: There were 10 cats in a boat and one jumped out. How many were left?
A: None, because they were copycats!

Q: What do you call a cat in a station wagon?
A: A car-pet

Q: What do tigers wear in bed?
A: Stripey pyjamas!

Q: What do you call the cat that was caught by the police?
A: The purrpatrator.

Q: Why did the cat put the letter "M" into the fridge?
A: Because it turns "ice" into "mice"!

Q: What is smarter than a talking cat?
A: A spelling bee!:D

How to bathe your cat.

1) First …. dress for the occasion. A 4-ply rubber wet suit is suggested, along with a helmet, face mask and welders gloves.

2) A Bathtub with a glass enclosure is preferred to the one with a shower curtain. A frenzied cat can shred one of these in about 3.5 seconds.

3) Have the Kitty Bubbles and towel in the enclosed bathtub area beforehand. No… blow drying the cat after the bath is not suggested.

4) Draw the water, making it a little warmer than needed as you still need to find the cat. Position everything strategically in the shower, so you can reach it even if you are face down or prone in the tub.

5) Find your cat. Use the element of surprise. Pick the cat up, nonchalantly as if you were simply carrying him/her to the supper dish. No need to worry about the cat noticing your strange attire, the cat barely notices you anyway.

6) Once you and the cat are inside the bathroom speed is essential. In one single liquid motion shut the door to the bathroom, step into the shower, close the sliding doors, and drop the cat into the water.

While the cat is still in a state of shock locate the Kitty Bubbles and squirt whatever part of him is above the water line.

You have just begun the wildest 45 seconds of your life. Remember that cats have no handles and add the fact that he now has soapy fur. His state of shock has worn off and he’s madder than hell.

7) As best, you can, wearing welder’s gloves, try to field his body as he

catapults through the air toward the ceiling. If possible, give another

squirt of Kitty Bubbles with his body now fully exposed.

During the 5 seconds you are able to hold onto him, rub vigorously. No need to worry about rinsing. As he slides down the glass enclosure into the tub, he will fall back into the water, rinsing himself in the process.

9) Only attempt the lather and rinse process about 3 times. The cat will

realize the lack of traction on the glass by then and will use the next

attempt on the first available part of you.

10) Next, the cat must be dried. No, this is NOT the easiest part. By this stage, you are worn out and the cat has just become semi-permanently affixed to your right leg.

We suggest here that you drain the tub and in full view of your cat, reach for the bottle of Kitty Bubbles.

11) If you have done step 10 correctly, the cat will be off your leg and

hanging precariously from your helmet. Although this view of the cat is most disgusting, he will be in a much better position for wrapping the towel around him.

12) Be sure cat is firmly wrapped in towel before opening tub enclosure.

Open bathroom door ….

put towel-wrapped cat on floor and step back

quickly. Into tub, if possible, and do not open enclosure until all you can

see is the shredded towel.

13) In about 2 hours …. it will be safe to exit the bathroom. Your cat

will be sitting out there somewhere looking like a small hedgehog while

plotting revenge. But doesn’t he smell better?????

file.php

Same issue in my part of TX. That or, they wander off and become feral. Every now and then I see Oscar, our over sized orange tabby that wandered off last year. He has migrated down the road and across the creek. Many large pasture drainage pipes that feed the creek for him to shelter in. Sadly, there will be no more for a while.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png