Houston, TX area members

Reaction score
Hope all of you in that area are doing ok. Looks like it might be a bit of a mess with all of that rain.

Flooding bigtime in Houston and part of our neighborhood may be evacuated, depends on whats coming behind this last storm. Last night, through early this morning was a major thunderstorm.

I live about 1/2 hour east of Zook, we got over 11" of the wet stuff. It came down so fast, water backed up in the yard about 6". Drainage ditches couldn't handle it.

Randy, I was worried about the bayou behind you. At least we're draining at the moment, until the next band comes thru...

I live about 1/2 hour east of Zook, we got over 11" of the wet stuff. It came down so fast, water backed up in the yard about 6". Drainage ditches couldn't handle it.

Randy, I was worried about the bayou behind you. At least we're draining at the moment, until the next band comes thru...

We back up to the upper west fork of the San Jacinto River which is very shallow and narrow so it comes out of its banks when we get a lot of rain over several days. We are just down stream of Lake Conroe and when they open their gates to keep from flooding all the high dollar homes on the lake, we catch hell.

hay Dennis let me know if it gets worse I will bring you my boat to get your trike out.

- - - Updated - - -

hope all goes well with the high water ( Darlene and I did get flooded out one time, not fun ) you'll have had much more rain then we have we have had only about 2" so far not A problem.

Thanks Jr. We're ok, we had the electricity go out (big limb fell on the wires down the road) about 4.30 this morning, didn't get it back 'till around 1.00pm. It was raining so hard I didn't want to go out on the back porch to start the generator. I just made coffee on the gas range and made do.

That sucks big time. I've been through it a few times with the Mississippi getting out of its banks from heavy rains. Mother nature can be a real bitch.

We had over 10" here (just outside Bellville)yesterday but no water in the house. Piney Creek is the back boundary of our property and it was out of it's banks but it is 800 feet behind the house so no danger. Several people in our area have water in their house and cars in the driveway flooded. The road from our area into Bellville is closed due to water over one of the bridges. Been living here over 9 years and never seen it this bad, even after Ike.

Stay safe and dry.

Sunman

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png