• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Front tire

Reaction score
Am in need of a new front tire and was wondering what is considered the best tire for the Venture. Also I'm looking for good quality radiator cover. Oh by the way I have an 08 Venture with a Hannigan kit. Thx in advance!

On 2 wheels I always liked the Avons on my RSV, when I need a new front tire on the trike I will probably go with an Avon. Be interested in hearing what other trike owners run on their front tire.

Craig

I'm using a Dunlop E-3 rear tire in the appropriate size mounted backwards on the front of mine, 2 seasons so far with plenty of tread left but may replace it due to cupping. Lasts a lot longer than the original E-3 front tire that I had on it when I converted. Wish I could find either a car tire or sidecar tire to fit...

I run a dunlap elite 2 and its doing good but next time will find rear tire and mount in reverse rotation as it will last twice as long. do a search on forum thin i posted something a while back and that will answer:D all questions

Well I wound up putting a Dunlop 404 on it, that's what was on it and it had almost 12k miles on it and was wearing very flat and smooth. I did order a rear tire in the size of the front tire,it has quite a bit more tread. So far it is riding and handling very well and the price was around $89. I did run it in rotation with arrows. If it it will last 12 to15k miles this will probably be my tire of choice!

I don't know what size your front tire is, but I am running an Avon Cobra Trike front tire on my Stratoliner/CSC trike and I love it. Runs smooth, tracks good and I am hoping for good mileage (only have about 3K on it so far). Ran a couple BattleAx rears on the front before this, but I had a cupping/scalloping problem with each tire after about 5K miles. Maybe I just push it to hard around corners, but I will see what this "trike specific" front tire does that Avon came out with. Good luck.

I don't know what size your front tire is, but I am running an Avon Cobra Trike front tire on my Stratoliner/CSC trike and I love it. Runs smooth, tracks good and I am hoping for good mileage (only have about 3K on it so far). Ran a couple BattleAx rears on the front before this, but I had a cupping/scalloping problem with each tire after about 5K miles. Maybe I just push it to hard around corners, but I will see what this "trike specific" front tire does that Avon came out with. Good luck.
I have the Avon trike tire on my GW trike and think it's a great tire! Problem is they are very limited in sizes and don't make one for the RSV trike.

I run a Avon Cobra on my 08 RSV up front, so far so good, runs good in rain even better when its dry.:clapping:

Rear Michelin Commander II on front reverse rotation Yamaha Venture/Hannigan

Am in need of a new front tire and was wondering what is considered the best tire for the Venture. Also I'm looking for good quality radiator cover. Oh by the way I have an 08 Venture with a Hannigan kit. Thx in advance!

I'm running my second rear Michelin Commander II on the front in reverse rotation in last 12 months. In last 11 months about 27000 miles--37 states, (Alaska was one), Canada twice. I love this tire; smooth and made trike very stable.

Bought Michelin Commander II rear tire to put on the front of our '09 RSV trike. Problem is, the Bridgestone rear tire on there now just won't wear out. It cups, but tire looks great otherwise.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png