Just picked up a 1987 vw trike.

Guitarman

Sep 20, 2009
St.Peters Mo U.S.A.
Hello everyone! This is my first post in this area of the forum. Last week I bought a 1987 vw trike on Craig's list and am in the process of getting my trike street legal. I'm starting to do a few cosmetic things to it. It has a fiberglass body in a bass boat type metal flake. I'm excited to get it licensed and have applied for a historic plate. It has no front brake, and a girder type front end. The wiring is pretty messy, but it starts right up, and runs. I'd like to build it up and make it something special.

welcome. 7 years to do your first post. Have fun make it your own. Those trikes are good for that. Post some pictures of your progress so we can enjoy your efforts along with you.

FUN FUN

welcome. 7 years to do your first post. Have fun make it your own. Those trikes are good for that. Post some pictures of your progress so we can enjoy your efforts along with you.
Life really begins with your first trike. :pepper::pepper::kpzxvq::kpzxvq: Have a great time. BIG DENNY

Price

It came with a matching 7 foot pull behind trailer. I gave $3500 for the pair. $2500 for the trike and a grand for the trailer. I'm not planning on using the trailer, but I wanted the trike.

Congrats, bro! That's a great buy, even if it does need a little work. I almost pulled the trigger on that one myself, but had to other things with the cash. Let us know if you decide to part with the trailer! ThumbUp

Guitarman, the trike you just bought reminds me a lot of my first VW trike...way back in '92! Loved that thing but got rid of it for a new Voyager 1200 Kaw. in '95. Now back to a VW trike again and lovin' it! My husband finally gave in and bought himself one too...got rid of his 2-wheeler also! We both love our VW trikes!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png