Goodbye boys and girls........

Well Ladies and Gent's,
If all goes as planned next week I'll no longer be a 7 month owner of a Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager CSC trike owner. Wife and I drove a new Spyder for a day and that sold us. Quiet, great wind management, fast, semi auto trans, safety features. Its as good if not better than the goldwing in almost all areas in my opinion and the Kawasaki is not even on the honorable mention list. Again my opinion only. I played around with the Kawi's exhaust baffles a lot again and the noise level is still just crazy for the both of us. All changing the baffles does is change the pitch/tone and changes which gear its the loudest at cruise and accelerating as well as some performance. If I got that fixed, then there's the driver passenger heat issues, then the vibration, wind management issues. Cut my losses. I needed a big jar of vaseline to make the switch but I learned a lesson or 2 from my purchase mistake...never ever buy a bike without you or the wife riding it for more than a 15 min bike test ride. After 10 years of riding a Goldwing trike I don't know why I thought I'd like to go back to a V twin. My bad! So I had to buck up, open my wallet and move on. Maybe see you on the Can Am forum. :cxtv:Good Luck everyone with your units and safe riding.

where does it say you have to leave this forum. You may just need to switch your primary reading/posting to the spyder area. We cover ALL trikes and then some that just like reading about trikes. Congrats on the new trike.

My wife loves riding on the back of our Harley trike, but now she wants a Spyder of her own too! Makes perfect sense to me!! :D

Screw it, let's ride! Trikes are trikes, see you in the wind! ;)

(And let's hear about some rides on the new Spyder.) :clapping:

Trikerbiker634, sorry the CSC Voyager didn't work out for you and the missus. We love our CSC Nomad but we have always rode V-twins of one brand or another. Good luck with your Can-Am venture. Hope it treats you more to your liking. I have an uncle that rides one after years in a Harley saddle and loves his.

I agree, we need to hear some Spyder ride stories...

Well Ladies and Gent's,
If all goes as planned next week I'll no longer be a 7 month owner of a Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager CSC trike owner. Wife and I drove a new Spyder for a day and that sold us. Quiet, great wind management, fast, semi auto trans, safety features. Its as good if not better than the goldwing in almost all areas in my opinion and the Kawasaki is not even on the honorable mention list. Again my opinion only. I played around with the Kawi's exhaust baffles a lot again and the noise level is still just crazy for the both of us. All changing the baffles does is change the pitch/tone and changes which gear its the loudest at cruise and accelerating as well as some performance. If I got that fixed, then there's the driver passenger heat issues, then the vibration, wind management issues. Cut my losses. I needed a big jar of vaseline to make the switch but I learned a lesson or 2 from my purchase mistake...never ever buy a bike without you or the wife riding it for more than a 15 min bike test ride. After 10 years of riding a Goldwing trike I don't know why I thought I'd like to go back to a V twin. My bad! So I had to buck up, open my wallet and move on. Maybe see you on the Can Am forum. :cxtv:Good Luck everyone with your units and safe riding.

give me a holler .i need to pick your brain on dealers
-815-734-4033 days--irv

Well Ladies and Gent's,

If all goes as planned next week I'll no longer be a 7 month owner of a Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager CSC trike owner. Wife and I drove a new Spyder for a day and that sold us. Quiet, great wind management, fast, semi auto trans, safety features. Its as good if not better than the goldwing in almost all areas in my opinion and the Kawasaki is not even on the honorable mention list. Again my opinion only. I played around with the Kawi's exhaust baffles a lot again and the noise level is still just crazy for the both of us. All changing the baffles does is change the pitch/tone and changes which gear its the loudest at cruise and accelerating as well as some performance. If I got that fixed, then there's the driver passenger heat issues, then the vibration, wind management issues. Cut my losses. I needed a big jar of vaseline to make the switch but I learned a lesson or 2 from my purchase mistake...never ever buy a bike without you or the wife riding it for more than a 15 min bike test ride. After 10 years of riding a Goldwing trike I don't know why I thought I'd like to go back to a V twin.

My bad! So I had to buck up, open my wallet and move on. Maybe see you on the Can Am forum.
:cxtv:Good Luck everyone with your units and safe riding.

I'm a Spyder ryder but I like to read other folks experiences on three wheels also.ThumbUp

I switched too,from a Gold Wing trike to an Spyder RT. I still check in from time to time,I have friends here like to check up on, and these are just good people. Besides as others pointed out there is a Spyder section here in sore need of more posters.

Well Ladies and Gent's,

If all goes as planned next week I'll no longer be a 7 month owner of a Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager CSC trike owner. Wife and I drove a new Spyder for a day and that sold us. Quiet, great wind management, fast, semi auto trans, safety features. Its as good if not better than the goldwing in almost all areas in my opinion and the Kawasaki is not even on the honorable mention list. Again my opinion only. I played around with the Kawi's exhaust baffles a lot again and the noise level is still just crazy for the both of us. All changing the baffles does is change the pitch/tone and changes which gear its the loudest at cruise and accelerating as well as some performance. If I got that fixed, then there's the driver passenger heat issues, then the vibration, wind management issues. Cut my losses. I needed a big jar of vaseline to make the switch but I learned a lesson or 2 from my purchase mistake...never ever buy a bike without you or the wife riding it for more than a 15 min bike test ride. After 10 years of riding a Goldwing trike I don't know why I thought I'd like to go back to a V twin.

My bad! So I had to buck up, open my wallet and move on. Maybe see you on the Can Am forum.
:cxtv:Good Luck everyone with your units and safe riding.

Glad you found a ride that you like. Don't worry about losing money on the deal, I always say an education costs money. Hell, I once bought some land that I gave away just to get rid of it, never look back on something like that!

I had a 2012 Spyder RT and could not wait to get rid of it. I know the newer ones are better but if you are not lucky enough to have a good dealer close to home you could be in big trouble if it breaks. Whatever you do don't buy a used one with the V-Twin. The 14k mile service is very expensive and the SEM5 transmission slips below 3300 RPM. My clutch pack had to be replaced at 4900 miles. That was five weeks in the shop. Buy the extended warranty and replace the factory sway bar before riding it in the mountains. Also when on a trip keep a U-haul directory in the frunk so you can bring it home if it does break. On the positive side Spyder fest is a lot of fun and the Spyder is a nice machine when all is well.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png