Curse the Weatherman

Sunman

900+ Posts
Apr 6, 2011
Bellville, Texas, USA
OK so this morning I look at Accuweather for our area and it says chance of rain is 05% until 4:00 PM and then it is 11%. Great. The wife and I decided to ride to Round Top (about 40 miles away) for a quick lunch at one of our favorite Mexican food establishments. Got there at noon and while enjoying a Margarita I look outside and it is raining! What the hell! We lingered over lunch and by the time we left it had quit raining but it still looked like more rain so we cut our planned ride short and headed back to the house. 5 miles down the road it started raining again and rained all the way back! In my second life I want to come back as a weatherman. They screw up daily and still get paid!

The good news is we were on a trike. Not so bad riding in the rain on 3 wheels. Don't have to worry so much about slick roads.

Sunman

Nothing wrong with the weather report... You just had the good luck to be riding right under that' predicted 11%......The other 89% of riders out there had a dry ride...;);)

I challenge 10% chances all the time. About 80% of the time I win. That other 20% I get a soaking. If you are concerned about getting wet you best stay home unless it's perfectly clear and a predicted 100% sunshine. Anything less and you might get wet. Just sayin.:)

If you are concerned about getting wet you best stay home unless it's perfectly clear and a predicted 100% sunshine. Anything less and you might get wet. Just sayin.:)

I have ridden many miles in the rain on 2 and 3 wheels and I don't stay home because of a chance of rain.

Sunman

Hey - Free trike wash!

In the misty depths of time gone by, an old rider gave me many sage bits of advice. Things like, "Ride like the cagers are actively out to run you down." and. "The destination is just an excuse for a good ride." And apropos to this thread: "The bike won't melt in the rain, and you're sure not sweet enough to. If you don't ride in the rain you don't really ride."

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png