• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

update on my leading link swap build.

Reaction score
I finished my forks and all fabrication mods. I have paint on forks and new neck primed and ready for final paint on trike. I had to build a new dash board and some other unexpected mods but should be installing LL on bike in a couple of weeks . Pictures to come..

I finished my forks and all fabrication mods. I have paint on forks and new neck primed and ready for final paint on trike. I had to build a new dash board and some other unexpected mods but should be installing LL on bike in a couple of weeks . Pictures to come..

good to hear butch

get err done!!

magoo

pictures

Ok some pictures but please remember im not a painter , welder or fabracator.Just an old fart trying to build a ride .lol I still have to paint up fender and dash and then trace all the wires out and plumb out the front brakes. Just maybe have it ready for bike week.

fork.jpgIMG_20160504_145402.jpgIMG_20160504_145420.jpgIMG_20160504_145436.jpg

more updated pictures

Lots left to do but coming along. I had to widen the fender 2 1/2 inches to fit wheel. :)

IMG_20160512_135315.jpgIMG_20160512_135342.jpgIMG_20160512_135326.jpg

shop space

hurry up old man i am working 70 avg to 85 my best, hrs a week (no weekends) now and id like you to teach me how to back half and cage my car and not mess it up.

i wanna go fast !! :pepper:

love your son
mike II

hurry up old man i am working 70 avg to 85 my best, hrs a week (no weekends) now and id like you to teach me how to back half and cage my car and not mess it up.

i wanna go fast !! :pepper:

love your son
mike II

And your first post.

i have a 98 mustang gt that's been parked for most of its life id like to throw money at it a little. i want to do wheelies

ran the trike yesterday for first time on new leading link for shake down .. Night and day difference. No more pulling right , handles the bumps sooo much better. I still get a kind of low speed shake over bumps but very manageable., on a nice road its like a dream.

My only disappointment is the front brakes. Some where i missed something on master cylinder and caliper match up. I have a very spongy brake. If disconnect one caliper hard brake but no stopping power. I believe my master cylinder is to small or my dual piston calipers to much... I used a Harley master for dual calibers to..

My front Harley air ride shocks are set at 20 lbs for best ride

ran the trike yesterday for first time on new leading link for shake down .. Night and day difference. No more pulling right , handles the bumps sooo much better. I still get a kind of low speed shake over bumps but very manageable., on a nice road its like a dream.

My only disappointment is the front brakes. Some where i missed something on master cylinder and caliper match up. I have a very spongy brake. If disconnect one caliper hard brake but no stopping power. I believe my master cylinder is to small or my dual piston calipers to much... I used a Harley master for dual calibers to..

My front Harley air ride shocks are set at 20 lbs for best ride

what calipers did u use???
and did you have to mount them upside down????
every LL ive built i use stck calipers and they end up up side down and bleading takes foooor eeevvvverrrrr
sometimes i take em off and blead em right side up..... usually the worst part of a LL

Attachments

• P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 213
what calipers did u use???
and did you have to mount them upside down????
every LL ive built i use stck calipers and they end up up side down and bleading takes foooor eeevvvverrrrr
sometimes i take em off and blead em right side up..... usually the worst part of a LL

+1 on lots of bleeding.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png