Ground clearance of a Stallion

pmar6004

TOI - South Dakota
Reaction score
I was wondering if any Stallion owners have had an issue with the ground clearance with their S. trike? Often times parking lots have a speed bump or two. Would hate to bottom out and cause some damage :(.

At present I'm waiting for my Stallion to arrive, having made a deposit earlier this month. Dealer said don't expect it until October-November. Meanwhile I'll keep tuned to TT and come up with a question or two that may have already been answered. If the above was one of them, please excuse me...!

Daydreamer

The stallion is low to the ground, but not any lower than any other trike, or my GL1500. You do need to think about where you are and what you are driving. And always remember you butt is bigger than you nose, and you will not scrape any fenders

my wife has had hers for 2 years and 4 months. No bottoming issues but she does take her time in the parking lots. My HD/Champion I think is lower than her Stallion.

I was wondering if any Stallion owners have had an issue with the ground clearance with their S. trike? Often times parking lots have a speed bump or two. Would hate to bottom out and cause some damage :(.

At present I'm waiting for my Stallion to arrive, having made a deposit earlier this month. Dealer said don't expect it until October-November. Meanwhile I'll keep tuned to TT and come up with a question or two that may have already been answered. If the above was one of them, please excuse me...!

Daydreamer

I have a 2010 and all i have had to do is inflate the shock system and it clears the speed bumps:putergreet:

Thanks to those that have responded to my inquiry about a Stallions ground clearance. Not being a previous trike owner, I was just wondering if it's a concern. Yes, I'm aware that the backend is wider than the frontend. That will become more apparent when mine arrives and I get some riding time in or is it more approprate to say "driving" time in? :confused: I guess that's a topic for another thread/discussion.

Mattel, congrats on your video and the numbers viewed. I am probably the result of at least 50 of those...LOL!

Daydreamer
Watertown, SD

I think that one thing you may have to keep in mind is that from all the pictures I've sorted thru researching the Stallion that, as far as speed bumps go, the muffler/resonator is in line with the two rear wheels. So as the two rear wheels go over the speed bump they are "lifting" the muffler over with them so it maintains the same clearance from the speed bump as it would the road during normal use.

Now if something is lying in the road and the muffler/resonator is on a collision course with it....that would be another story:(.

Dennis

30 dtg KAF
35 dtg Dubai
36 dtg Home

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png