2013 Stallion

Clell12

Apr 19, 2013
Spirit Lake
I finally got rid of my Stallion last week. My advice to anyone considering buying one is DON'T. They are the cheapest made bikes I have ever owned, from the seats,radios,poorly designed dash,no automatic headlight shutoff,to the cheap plastic chrome rings around the roll bar. For $34,000 you should never have something designed so poorly and with such poor thought and lack of common sense put into it.
They lie about the mileage you'll get, not even close to the 44 city 55 hwy they advertised.
I owned a Goldiwng trike before and I'll own one again.
If I had to do it over I wouldn't pay $15,000 for a new one.
In this case you definitely don't get what you pay for.

I finally got rid of my Stallion last week. My advice to anyone considering buying one is DON'T. They are the cheapest made bikes I have ever owned, from the seats,radios,poorly designed dash,no automatic headlight shutoff,to the cheap plastic chrome rings around the roll bar. For $34,000 you should never have something designed so poorly and with such poor thought and lack of common sense put into it.

They lie about the mileage you'll get, not even close to the 44 city 55 hwy they advertised.

Sorry to hear you are so unhappy with the Stallion. Most folks as I do, love the trike. Yes there are a few issues as with any other trike out there but remember that the Stallion was only made for a few years before Ford stopped making the Rangers in the US which made it cost prohibited to continue with the production and future improvements . The milage was based on the 08 model which used non ethanol gas and the testing speeds back then were only 55mph. I have gotten 42/43mpg when I ran across gas stations that had non ethanol gas.

Tomg

Stalion

A few issues?, All you have to do is read this forum and see there are more then a few problems. My biggest problem is you had to drive 2 hrs to get it worked on.
I liked driving the bike but not for long because the seat sucked. For $34,000 you should be getting a decent seat and radio at the very least and Stallion provided neither.

A few issues?, All you have to do is read this forum and see there are more then a few problems. My biggest problem is you had to drive 2 hrs to get it worked on.
I liked driving the bike but not for long because the seat sucked. For $34,000 you should be getting a decent seat and radio at the very least and Stallion provided neither.

Well I guess the fact that you have sold the Stallion! Means we won't have to read about your bellyaching about itThumbUp. I wish you all the luck in the world with your new ride, my see never break down, or cause you any problems :AGGHH:. Remember just ride safe and enjoy!

Wow.

Sorry to hear that you were so unhappy. Well, good luck shopping for something that is perfect. We all have and failed. I for one am totally satisfied with my Stallion and it's problems and would never go back to a Harley. Oh well, good luck as I will continue traveling the country in my Stallion.

Knocking a Stallion on a Stallion forum, Is like standing in the middle of a trailer park and' YELLING WAL-MART SUCKS!!!... You not gonna make too many friends...

Move on, You'll do your blood pressure a favor...:)

Sorry to hear about the problems you had with your Stallion. We have all had some problem but most I have been able to take care of myself which with most other trike I couldn't. All in All I've been happy with my Stallion and if they were still making them I would get another one.ThumbUpThumbUp

sorry for your experience. The facts are that the stallion has not been made in over 4 years. The drive train was built by Ford back in 2007 the last year it was made as a 4 cylinder. It was assembled last in early 2013. The most that were built is around 800 from late 2007 to 2013. The Stallion never reached the level of production that one would say it should not have issues. Those of us that own them have accepted this and as a group work through the issues. Most have been minor in nature. Yes some individuals have gotten a lemon but most new and limited productions all have those issues.

In your case you did the right thing sold what you were not happy with.

Maybe if you had access to our forum before you made the purchase you might have not.

Good luck with your future purchase.

Knocking a Stallion on a Stallion forum, Is like standing in the middle of a trailer park and' YELLING WAL-MART SUCKS!!!... You not gonna make too many friends...

Move on, You'll do your blood pressure a favor...:)

I just ordered something online from WalMart !! But I'm not in the trailer park.

Tomg

Stalion

Thank you for the nice reply, most of the people on this forum are nice and a few are assholes.They really didn't need to comment on this thread but most assholes feel the need to reaffirm that they are indeed assholes.

All I was doing was giving my opinion from my experience with a Stallion, and that was it plain and simple.

If you can't handle criticism of the Stallion then maybe you need thicker skin.

I for one would want to read about good and bad opinions of the Stallion before purchasing one instead of the sugar-coated version some people feel is nessaccary to put out there.

Mine was a lemon, no doubt about it, a friend at work has one and hasn't had a problem.

He loves his, I hated mine. Plain and simple

sorry for your experience. The facts are that the stallion has not been made in over 4 years. The drive train was built by Ford back in 2007 the last year it was made as a 4 cylinder. It was assembled last in early 2013. The most that were built is around 800 from late 2007 to 2013. The Stallion never reached the level of production that one would say it should not have issues. Those of us that own them have accepted this and as a group work through the issues. Most have been minor in nature.

Yes some individuals have gotten a lemon but most new and limited productions all have those issues.

In your case you did the right thing sold what you were not happy with. Maybe if you had access to our forum before you made the purchase you might have not.

Good luck with your future purchase.

thank you for the nice reply, most of the people on this forum are nice and a few are assholes.they really didn't need to comment on this thread but most assholes feel the need to reaffirm that they are indeed assholes.

He loves his, i hated mine. Plain and simple

AssHoles Had To Reaffirm

Hey Gunny.

Sorry to hear that you were so unhappy. Well, good luck shopping for something that is perfect. We all have and failed. I for one am totally satisfied with my Stallion and it's problems and would never go back to a Harley. Oh well, good luck as I will continue traveling the country in my Stallion.

This is Jack M Region 9 BTW. Glad to see you on the forum. I bought my wife a 2013 blue Stallion a couple of months ago.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png