If you're looking for a pull behind trailer

Phu Cat

2250+ Posts
Oct 4, 2011
Ocala, Florida
whatever else you do, think twice before buying one from USA Trailer Store. Not just because you're going to have to paint it as it's only primed, but I had so much trouble getting the lights to work I had to take it to a guy that works exclusively on trailers to get the wiring straightened out. A buddy that was an electrician helped me on two occasions before we gave up and took it to the trailer shop.

Aside from the lights, there were a LOT of loose nuts and bolts. The worse were two of the four lug nuts on each wheel were only a little more than hand tight. We just came back from a 2300 mile trip and if one of these wheels had come completely off had I not checked them before we left I'm not sure what might have happened but I'm sure it would have been exciting to say the least. Had we have been riding a two wheeler instead of a trike and had a wheel come off I'm thinking some serious injuries and possibly deaths may have occurred.

As you might expect I checked those lug nuts a couple times along the trip.

PC

whatever else you do, think twice before buying one from USA Trailer Store. Not just because you're going to have to paint it as it's only primed, but I had so much trouble getting the lights to work I had to take it to a guy that works exclusively on trailers to get the wiring straightened out. A buddy that was an electrician helped me on two occasions before we gave up and took it to the trailer shop.

Aside from the lights, there were a LOT of loose nuts and bolts. The worse were two of the four lug nuts on each wheel were only a little more than hand tight. We just came back from a 2300 mile trip and if one of these wheels had come completely off had I not checked them before we left I'm not sure what might have happened but I'm sure it would have been exciting to say the least. Had we have been riding a two wheeler instead of a trike and had a wheel come off I'm thinking some serious injuries and possibly deaths may have occurred.

As you might expect I checked those lug nuts a couple times along the trip.

PC

Bummer, which one did you buy? I have the Discovery. I like it, but shocks are terrible. I have only used it a few times and the shocks froze and had no movement at all. I soaked them in Liquid Wrench and now they have more movement than they ever had. Still not great, but better.

Jredman, we bought the Legacy. I also later on bought their trailer cover. It fits our trailer but just barely. To be sure it doesn't blow off in the wind I took it to a seamstress and had her sew some loops on to it so I could run bungee straps under neath to hold the cover on. Needless to say the sun has faded the cover a LOT, but it's protecting the paint and that's what's important.

This company was probably $1000 less than any other trailer its size, but I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

PC

I have one of their trailers and as my dad use to tell me "You get what you pay for" the trailer was less that most other but their workmanship is less than desirable. I had my trailer painted to match the trike but there was some work to do before it could be painted. On a scale from 1-10 I give the trailer a 5.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png