New Ranger by Ford

I don't think it will make much difference if the Ranger comes back to the U,S. - it will most likely have a different engine than the one used on the Stallion. One of the reasons Thoroughbred (Motor Trike) discontinued the Stallion was it would have been too expensive to redesign the chassis and retool for a new engine. If it was financially viable, any engine about the same size could have been used to continue production.

I don't think it will make much difference if the Ranger comes back to the U,S. - it will most likely have a different engine than the one used on the Stallion. One of the reasons Thoroughbred (Motor Trike) discontinued the Stallion was it would have been too expensive to redesign the chassis and retool for a new engine. If it was financially viable, any engine about the same size could have been used to continue production.

Regrettably I believe you are correct.

I feel the Stallion was brought out at the wrong time and wasn't given a chance. I saw it in the Ford booth at the SEMA show, with Jeff, in 2007. I got a chance to talk to him and he was very excited about it as was I. In 2008, and for several years after, the economy was in the trash can. Now, the economy is trying to come back. If you look at the prices for a new Goldwing, Harley or other conversion, they will be way more expensive that a Stallion and they're selling. If Thoroughbred could hold the price, which to me is outrageous along with the other ones, they would sell a bunch of them. It wouldn't be that hard to redesign it to hold a different motor as the bones are there. I feel they just don't want to put in the effort.

With the upsurge of "Autocycles" (3 wheelers mostly with steering wheels, semi-enclosed or enclosed cockpit, and usually side by side seating, not motorcycle based, etc.) such as the Slingshot, T-Rex, Venom SS and the upcoming (promised) Elio gaining acceptance it my be a good time to introduce the Stallion MK II.

New engine....New EPA Certification....Time and $$$$$$$$$$$:AGGHH:

To add to that, what are the odds that the wiring and connectors are the same on the new engine? Bet it's a different transmission and computer too (especially since 5,6,&7 speed auto transmissions are "the thing" now days). New engine would also mean new emissions system. I know I have a few friends who would LOVE to see the Stallion come back, but with as many changes as would have to be done, and new testing for compliance (EPA and CARB) I just don't see it being done without several hundred thousand dollars, if not millions that would have to be invested to make it happen all said and done.

We can only hope! Just remember that the new engines are smaller and lighter so I don't think that they would have to do much if anything to the frame. Back when Ford stopped making the Rangers in the US the main issue was fitting in another Ford engine and what they had at the time wouldn't fit. I for one am not giving up and hope to someday have a new modern Stallion.

Tomg

I've always liked the Stallion and really hope it can make a comeback. FWIW, V8 Choppers gets around the EPA certification by building only a certain amount of V8 bikes and trikes,every year. I think the number is somewhere around 50-100 units/year.
Anyone know about how many Stallions were built each year?

They started building in 2007 for 2008 delivery year. The last ones in early 2013. None at all in I believe 2011 and 2012. Total production I estimate at around 850 units.

They started building in 2007 for 2008 delivery year. The last ones in early 2013. None at all in I believe 2011 and 2012. Total production I estimate at around 850 units.

Mine is number 927 , should be about the last one made . I finally got it registered yesterday, so now I can legally ride it .

There is some question about 000 to 100 I have not heard of any with a vin number below 125. Our first stallion was 175 delivered in March of 2008. I have seen 125. Anyone seen one lower?

I spoke with a Motor trike authorized dealer here in central Florida who said he was leaving for Texas in the next few weeks to go to the factory. He said he believes that the stallion will be produced again. I asked him to let me know if he finds out anything. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel, just not sure what's shining the light! Lol<br />
<br />
Tomg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png