1500 Goldwing stopped after rain??

Nov 15, 2008
Sioux Falls SD
I road my 1500 trike to church tonight. While there we had about a 2" downpour in a bit over an hour. It was still raining slightly when we got to the trike. It hesitated a bit when I hit the starter. But did run with a bit of sputtering. We got to the first light and it stopped and would not start. So we pushed it back to the church parking lot and I called my wife to come to the rescue. After the rain was over and the sun was out and I had on some dry clothes. We went back to get it. Prepared to tow it the mile back home. I told my wife to make a big loop in the parking lot and I will try to start it. I had it in third gear. We had not gone ten feet and I let the clutch out and it fired up right away. I had to nurse the throttle for a few minute ...then road it home. Once home in the safety of the garage. I shut it off and started it a few times. Everything is normal now. But I am not satisfied. Something or somethings got to wet and I would like to do what I can to make sure it does not happen again. Any ideas would be much appreciated. :yes:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png