Pic Heavy 2016 Ride Report - 40 Days Following the Front Wheel

Very invigorating, pictures are awesome, gets the adrenaline juice flowing. Fantastic, thanks for sharing such an adventure. I need to begin planning. ThumbUp

Just now responding but every morning I can't wait to read your updated ride report and photo's. Thanks so much. DJ

Thanks for sending some of that rain and cool temps down to us in the desert. We have been hanging around 105 + and 10% humidity. Well it has rained a few sprinkles and the temps are down in the high 90s. Probably going to build a fire to stay warm. LOL Keep on riding and enjoying the trip. Jim

We are in Ouray, CO now. Spent the last few days riding around Colorado with Scott & Karin. Had a blast. Good people!

27853306956_2467c873fb_z.jpg

Ride Report should resume later tonight. Going out to eat right now.

Kevin

We are in Ouray, CO now. Spent the last few days riding around Colorado with Scott & Karin. Had a blast. Good people!

27853306956_2467c873fb_z.jpg

Ride Report should resume later tonight. Going out to eat right now.

Kevin

Hi Kevin, spoke to Devin today for quite some time. Great guy, and I will bet he is also a great partner!! All seems to be fine!!

have a safe trip home!!

Roger

Hey you two... Looks like ya had a great ride! We love that route to Montana and it is still a fairly unknown road for Trikes and bikes. No matter how many times you travel it there is something different to see.... Both directions! Glad you enjoyed it..!! Be safe and a late Happy Birthday Mary! T & M

Thanks you two! That route is definitely on our list to ride again!

Very invigorating, pictures are awesome, gets the adrenaline juice flowing. Fantastic, thanks for sharing such an adventure. I need to begin planning. ThumbUp

Very good to hear you're enjoying, and yeah, start planning...even that part is a lot of fun!

Just now responding but every morning I can't wait to read your updated ride report and photo's. Thanks so much. DJ

Great to hear you're enjoying...lots more to come!

Thanks for sending some of that rain and cool temps down to us in the desert. We have been hanging around 105 + and 10% humidity. Well it has rained a few sprinkles and the temps are down in the high 90s. Probably going to build a fire to stay warm. LOL Keep on riding and enjoying the trip. Jim

hahaha, wish we could send more your way.

Thank you!

Glad I saw you post. Fell better now.

:)

Hi Kevin, spoke to Devin today for quite some time. Great guy, and I will bet he is also a great partner!! All seems to be fine!!

have a safe trip home!!

Roger

Yes, business partnerships don't usually work out so well, but Devin is a great guy, and we work well together.

Thanks!

Kevin

Day 20 & our Time in Missoula concluded-

Well we got dumped on for about 30 minutes. I forgot to turn the video on, and Mary had the camera tucked away...but it was a "slow to 30 mph so I could sorta see rain", many cars were pulling over and stopping to wait it out.

Here is a look back at what we came thru-

50%20looking%20back%20at%20worst%20of%20it_zpsyaayqedi.jpg

It was in the high 40's, but our suits kept us dry and the electric jackets kept us warm.

We rode thru a bit more "regular" rain for about 20 minutes...

51%20Another%20little%20patch_zpsh0vx0d3e.jpg

...Then it cleared up...

52%20Out%20of%20the%20rain_zpsyoeh8nai.jpg

...and Mary got some good cloud pics. :)

53%20Cloud%20pic_zpsmz8p4eyd.jpg

54%20Cloud%20pic%20as%20getting%20close%20to%20Lolo_zpsdxwxufdy.jpg

The last few miles coming into Missoula it got warmer.

55%20Last%20few%20miles%20before%20dropping%20into%20Missoula_zpsebdlvoqe.jpg

We're Here!

56%20Missoula_zpsqbfbeblz.jpg

Even though it was only 254 miles from Stanley to Missoula, they were some great riding and scenic miles! Tri-Glide is running great, avg of 38 mpg.

57%20Trip%20Summary_zpstml16esf.jpg

We had a really great few days with Craig and Lydia!

Here's Lydia trying on grandma's helmet.

58%20Trying%20on%20grandmas%20helmet_zpskrqrsrkj.jpg

Lydia's been taking martial arts training, and it shows in this short video...I would Not want to be kicked by her!

Click HERE to see short video.

I mentioned earlier, I got to meet up with Rick (missedem) and we had a great time talking bikes, solving the worlds problems, etc. I met up with him in Hamilton, about 40 miles outside of Missoula. Rick has a very nice Freewheeler, and after a couple hours of talking, we rode back to Missoula.

Here's a short video clip from our ride back. Click HERE to see it.

That's it for our time in Missoula. Next report will be our ride to Red Lodge, MT! :)

Kevin

Lydia is cute as a button...and kicks really hard!!!

Yeah!

- - - Updated - - -

So I have the pictures all ready for the Ride Report tonight...but photobucket is not allowing me to upload them.

Ride Report from Missoula to Red Lodge will have to wait til tomorrow.

Today we spent the day in Ouray, CO with Fuzzy (Alan). Very happy he was able to meet up with us. We had a great day chatting and looking around Ouray a bit.

On a somber note, Mary's dad has taken a turn for the worse and probably will not make it thru next week. I'll be taking her to the airport tomorrow so she can fly home to see him before he goes. He has already hung on years past when doctors said he would, but he is at peace and ready to go now.

Kevin

Sorry to hear the news about Mary's dad. Let her know I'll be thinking about her and your family and will say a few prayer.

Sorry to here such bad news, my thoughts are with Mary, you and the family. Kevin, try and keep a clear head and drive safe. DJ

Sad to hear the news Kevin, our thoughts are of Mary, you, and all the family.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png