Pulled the trigger

Reaction score
Sold my Valk I/S on Sunday, bought the trike on Friday.

After much reading of posts here, talking with numerous friends that own trikes, wrestling with different Trike brands and the IRS vs SA issue, and looking at infinitum sales ads (ad nauseum? :p).....
I found what I felt was a decently priced GW that met most of my requirements: a 2008 GW Roadsmith IRS w/ a rake kit, 45K miles.

Will be getting it next weekend and doing a 600 mile ride home. Just hope the weather will cooperate, not scared of getting wet, but it's no honor either! Been there, done that, didn't buy the T-shirt.;)

Dealers picture:
2008GW2c.jpg

Thanks for the great info that I was able to glean from the forum. I ain't done yet! Still will post dumb questions as a newbie.

PS: Gotta love how my wife puts up with me!!!!:pepper:

CONGRATS!!! At 45K it is barely broke in. Should give you and your bride plenty of smiles. By the time you get home you should feel quite comfortable with the handling. First accessories I'd add are Baker Hand and Trike Wings. A little bit of air management will make the riding experience way more enjoyable. I see the C/B antenna so I expect that radio is there also. A little Chrome is a nice touch... If you haven't already done so or were not given by dealer, go to Roadsmith's web site and down load the install and owner's manuals. There is some good information in them. :xszpv::xszpv:

ENJOY THE RIDE !!!

Congratulations !!!!
Good choice on the color.
We have 2 GW 2009 trikes that same color.
They don't show dust and dirt as quickly as some colors.
Enjoy, ride safe.
Carla and Jim

Congratulations, nice looking ride. Have a safe ride back and hope the weather cooperates. I have been on a trike for three years now and have not got caught in the rain (yet) but I am told they will hydroplane easily in a lot of water.

congrats on your new ride. 600 miles is a long ride, buy a rain suit, you'll be glad you did. and enjoy your ride home. Be careful its a different kind of ride but one you'll love.:)

congrats on your new ride. 600 miles is a long ride, buy a rain suit, you'll be glad you did. and enjoy your ride home. Be careful its a different kind of ride but one you'll love.:)

I have a frogg togg suit I've only had to wear once, to take with me. Hopefully it's "luck" will hold up again! :cool:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png