Question for Rewaco RF1 owners

pisoiu

Aug 11, 2015
Romania
I have here a behavior which I do not understand very well. When the trike is running, the voltage indicator of the trike generally stays at 14 volts, where it sould be when the accumulator is charging. But sometimes it drops to 12 volts, even with rpm above 1500-2000 and with lights on. The charging is clearly disconnected because I see the voltage droping from 14 to around 12 volts relatively fast, in 10-15 seconds. It happends sometimes that the entire trip (mine are usually around 30minutes to 1 hour) the charge is off. Usually when that happends, I do not use the ligths, to prevent discharging it and letting me in the middle of the road.
Does this happends to you, or does the voltage stays at 14 volts when the engine is on, no matter what?

Bad voltage regulator? Intimate ground issue? Sure doesn't sound right. Not being sure what kind of alternator/voltage regulator the ride has, Makes it a little harder to trouble shoot.

I have here a behavior which I do not understand very well. When the trike is running, the voltage indicator of the trike generally stays at 14 volts, where it sould be when the accumulator is charging. But sometimes it drops to 12 volts, even with rpm above 1500-2000 and with lights on. The charging is clearly disconnected because I see the voltage droping from 14 to around 12 volts relatively fast, in 10-15 seconds. It happends sometimes that the entire trip (mine are usually around 30minutes to 1 hour) the charge is off. Usually when that happends, I do not use the ligths, to prevent discharging it and letting me in the middle of the road.

Does this happends to you, or does the voltage stays at 14 volts when the engine is on, no matter what?

I do not own one of your trikes but the basics are the same. Sounds like you have a voltage regulator issue.

Thanks for sugestions. Today I dissasembled the alternator and extracted all the electronics out. I've put it back together, checked all diodes, all coils, voltage regulator, cleaned all contacts, also tested it on the bench by powering the electronics and spinning it. It worked fine, when the rpm was under a certain threshold, the alternator takes some current to power excitation coil, when rpm was over that threshold, the input current dropped to 0 and voltage jumped to 14.5 volts. I've put it all back together and now it works fine from the moment I start the engine. More tests will follow next days.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png