Great site

Reaction score
My wife and I just returned from a 4,000 mile road trip with my Stallion. As always, this site posts great and valuable information. The only problem I had was I pulled over in New Mexico on my way home to take a break and the Stallion wouldn't start. I remember someone posting that if you mess with the tilt steering the bike will start. It did. A little up and down on the tilt steering and I was on the road again. One question I still have is that my front tire seems to be wearing on one side more than the other. Any suggestions? As always, thank you fellow Stallion owners.

My wife and I just returned from a 4,000 mile road trip with my Stallion. As always, this site posts great and valuable information. The only problem I had was I pulled over in New Mexico on my way home to take a break and the Stallion wouldn't start. I remember someone posting that if you mess with the tilt steering the bike will start. It did. A little up and down on the tilt steering and I was on the road again. One question I still have is that my front tire seems to be wearing on one side more than the other. Any suggestions? As always, thank you fellow Stallion owners.

Usually the crown in the road is the culprit....:Shrug:

Bearing are the first thing to check. If you can, jack the front tire off the ground and see if you have any play tilting the wheel top and bottom. There are several post about the front bearings and how to replace them if needed. Might also check to see if the shock adjustment is the same on both sides.

Front assembly is tight. Shocks are both set the same. How about tire pressure? I'm set at 35 psi.
Bearing are the first thing to check. If you can, jack the front tire off the ground and see if you have any play tilting the wheel top and bottom. There are several post about the front bearings and how to replace them if needed. Might also check to see if the shock adjustment is the same on both sides.

Front assembly is tight. Shocks are both set the same. How about tire pressure? I'm set at 35 psi.

Check your rear shocks. I know another that had the same problem and his actually leaned to one side. Found that his rear shock on one side was adjusted to the highest and the other was at the lowest. Adjusted them both to the higher setting and straighten out the issue.

Tomg

Thank you

Check your rear shocks. I know another that had the same problem and his actually leaned to one side. Found that his rear shock on one side was adjusted to the highest and the other was at the lowest. Adjusted them both to the higher setting and straighten out the issue.

Tomg

Tire pressure shouldn't make a tire wear on one side. If a tire has to much air the tire will wear in the middle and if the tire pressure is low they will wear on the outsides (both sides should be about the same).

You might also want to check the steering head bearings for looseness. If they are shot the front tire will lean. Been there done that. I have it posted

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png