Just a nice ride today

FuLong

100+ Posts
May 28, 2016
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
I like to establish a thread about just a nice ride.
Tell us where you were today and post some photos if available.

I start with a after work round from Munich, over Glonn to some little villages in the south east. It was not the best weather, but nice clouds.
IMG_8280.jpg

Hans-Peter...

Were you visiting the U.S. while riding bikes back in the mid-to-late 90's or very early 2000's?

(memory is not so sharp - lots of miles have passed since them)

Just a wild shot - we had some friends who met a Hans-Peter here in the U.S. then they went to Germany and rode bikes with him there. The pictures of Germany were beautiful and the stories were very interesting.

@paws: Sorry, was not me. My last Trip to USA was in February 1991, first to Florida (roundtrip, scubadiving and meeting a friend) and then a couple of days to NY City, visiting my ount.

Lately, every night when I ride to work. Especially tonight though, because when I walked outside the air felt warm as bath water. Just a nice ride in. I love riding at night, even though it is quite a bit more dangerous. Lots of deer around here to dodge.:AGGHH:

Ride

Wiped down the trikes today in preparation for a nice little ride tomorrow up to Reno, NV to escape this heat wave that is coming in, all this week 100 deg. plus.
Casual ride of 150 miles each way up beautiful Hi-88.....and few days of R&R.
ThumbUp

Yesterday was a barbecue with the family, less time to ride and no time to post, but today...
I started yesterday morning at 08:00, the target was the Walchensee.
As you see, I started the ride in anticipation of mixed weather

IMG_8287.jpg

Next stop at the Kochelsee, a nice lake and target for a lot of tourists

IMG_8300.jpg

Here a view from near the pass of the Kesselberg (the street from the Kochelsee up to the Walchensee) back to the Kochelsee (bikes are banned on this street on weekends, many accidents in the past, but I am declared as a car :D)

IMG_8302.jpg

Then, up at the Walchensee

IMG_8306.jpg

Where I met some other Trikes at the coffee break

IMG_8308.jpg

From the further ride back I have no pictures, because the weather was rainy and my camera is not water resistant ;)
The ride continued over the Silvenstein Speicher, a barrier lake and the Tegernsee, also a big Tourist attaction, Holzkirchen and some little villages back to Munich.
I hoped that I can attach you a .gpx file, but it seems, that the board does not support this.

By the way, does anyone remember the film "The Vikings" from 1958 with Kirk Douglas? It was partly filmed at the Walchensee.

Yesterday, Barbeque at friends in Pfaffenhofen, about 80 KM over very little streets, a nice short ride.

Photo near Schrobenhausen (there they grow a very good asparagus)

IMG_8433.jpg

They have a lot of little beer brewerys around Pfaffenhofen, so I had to taste them all :D, fortunately, my friends offered me, to sleep there.

Today, nice ride back, over Moosburg, the wether seems to be bad, but I got only a couple of raindrops.

IMG_8435.jpg

Guess across which district I dove back to Munich?

IMG_8436.jpg

The Holledau, there they grow the best hops for making beer
drinb27x24.gif

East Tennessee benifet ride

Put 210.00 miles on the bike this weekend following 2 3 other riders through the twisted of the Great Smokie Mountains. A little warm for this time of the year but a great ride anyway...

Wife and I did a 2 day 400 mile trip on the triglide. Good trip, got rained on, when it's 95 degrees wet it good. 8200 feet above sea level, Emory Pass, New Mexico. Grandkids just had to sit on the trike. IMG_5251.JPGIMG_5249.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5319.JPG
    IMG_5319.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 219
If you notice the two pictures of the trike, the reflectors on the fenders and forks fell off on the trip. I have the bullet lens on the front turns which takes care of the side view at night, and which are great for turn signals in the day time. Jim

Trip across the country - Munich 2 Lübeck

At Wednesday I started a trip across the country, to visit a friend in Lübeck. A 950 km ride that I did in 2 days, apart from 150 km Highway I only took small roads.
A lot of "Fahrvergnügen" (you remember the old BMW slogan) in the Türinger-Wald on the first Day and also very nice to drive in Lauenburg.
Here some picturs (could not post earlier, because of PC problems ;))

IMG_8439.jpg

Oberpfalz
IMG_8443.jpg

IMG_8446.jpg

Thüringer-Wald (Thüringer-Forest)
IMG_8455.jpg

IMG_8457.jpg

IMG_8467.jpg

First ride by Lübeck

My friend here is also a Biker, but "only" on 2 Wheels.
Yesterday was bad weather, but today it was cloudy but dry, so lets ride a little bit.

My trike sees the ocean the first time, in this case the Ostsee
IMG_8470.jpg

IMG_8472.jpg

then over nice little villages

IMG_8479.jpg

to the Bungsberg, the highest point in Schleswig-Holstein, with enormous 138 meters hight above sea level :cool:
IMG_8480.jpg

IMG_8483.jpg

A nice 150 km ride.

Today we did a short ride to the Ratzeburger See

IMG_8512.jpg

a lake near by Lübeck, there live some rheas (giant southamerican birds, which escaped accidentally from a farm)

IMG_8523.jpg

IMG_8531.jpg

the TG is a excellent Fisheye lens, but a little bit heavy to carry around :xzqxz:

IMG_8515.jpg

and back across a nice countryside

IMG_8539.jpg

200 mile ride today with friends on some twisty country & mountain roads to celebrate my wife's birthday and our wedding anniversary. Ate at one of our favorite BBQ stops (Earthdog Cafe) in Berkeley Springs, WV and ended the day with a stop for ice cream close to home. Good day to ride!

Today we drove via very small roads

IMG_8542.jpg

to the marina of Boltenhagen, where we had a very good Lunch

IMG_8549.jpg

The way back went over Priwall over the river Elbe by a Ferry, first time for the Trike to be on a ship

IMG_8554.jpg

Nice view to Travemünde

IMG_8558.jpg

And on the way back a short stop at a pair of storks (is this right, my dictionary does not know the plural of stork)

IMG_8569.jpg

I did not know where to post, so I resurrect this old thread ... :blush:

The end of the season is near, so I used the sunny wether yesterday for a trip from Munich, across the nice landscape in the Jachenau, crossed over to Austria, where I drove over the Kühtai in the Ötztal, over the pass Hahntennjoch into the valley Namlos (funny, that means "without name") and did my way back over Garmisch to Munich. 255 very nice Miles, mostly less traffic and splendid wather (probably the pictures give the wrong impression, but clouds look more dramatic than just blue sky (Wink) )

The toll street along the Walchensee, in every bay a view nicer than the other

IMG_5439.jpg

The ramp up to the pass Kühtai

IMG_5451.jpg

The view back from the Hahntennjoch to the Ötztal

IMG_5454.jpg

Look forward to the valley named "Noname" :xzqxz:

IMG_5578.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png