Noisy drive train?

Salty

Aug 20, 2012
Lethbridge Alberta
2011 XC b CSC Ventura conversion with Victory reverse

sometimes makes a banging noise underneath when letting clutch out. More often when cold and not totally hot . Also.if slowing for a yield and letting clutch out while at a slow,roll

clutch checked and it's good, lever adjustment is good
lifted one wheel up and pulleys and belt all working together

sounds like,something in drive train...very intermittent

any body have similiar??

thx

Thought of that, 22000km 13000 miles as a trike

noise seems under driver as opposed to.rear but hey... Maybe
6. 1/2 hr ride to builders

My Victory [Gunner] Two wheeler will bang while letting out the cluch at low RPM's and if i'm in too high a gear.
Sounds/Feels just like drive belt lash.. I would imagine with the extra weight of a 3 wheeler you'll notice it more... Vic transmissions aren't the smoothest to begin with.

It's been known to happen that sometimes the clutch plates stick and warming up before taking off and letting the clutch out slowly will help that. So will changing the oil.

I sometimes get it before a good warm up. Seems like clutch as it only does it on a slow release. Try a more aggressive take off. For note I will sometimes get a clutch slip when hot. Squeals like a pig.

I sometimes get it before a good warm up. Seems like clutch as it only does it on a slow release. Try a more aggressive take off. For note I will sometimes get a clutch slip when hot. Squeals like a pig.

Are you sure the drive belt is adjusted properly and tracking straight .....
Victory belts have to be adjusted cold....

Problem found

Apparently CSC had some differential not greased completely and this is what they feel is wrong after taking it apart.
3 weeks at the builder and still waiting for parts to arrive,
shipped with somebody else's stuff to save them money, holidays cancelled again, for now.
they are covering part under warranty but not labour....so far.

almost bought a Tri glide on the weekend.....

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure the drive belt is adjusted properly and tracking straight .....
Victory belts have to be adjusted cold....

belts are good...its rear end

- - - Updated - - -

exactly what I was getter no and it got worse and worse until not just cold starts..... Rear end was not greased right from CSC

have it checked!!

- - - Updated - - -

It's been known to happen that sometimes the clutch plates stick and warming up before taking off and letting the clutch out slowly will help that. So will changing the oil.

thx Blueline, clutch is good and oil was fresh when we took it In

its an ungreased rear end.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png