Tow Pac in the back of my truck

dadztoy

300+ Posts
Dec 12, 2011
Georgetown, Tennessee, USA
The wife and I love to travel and I have been wanting to get her out to see the Giant Sequoia's in California but just turning 70, I didn't really care to ride 4-5 days out and 4-5 days back from Eastern Tennessee where we live and neither does she... I've been riding for a good many years (45+) and have ridden in all kinds of weather - - - snow, sleet, rain, wind, tornadoes, remnants of hurricanes) and have nothing to prove at my age... So a little more comfort when traveling is our desired method of travel these days and the truck provides that while hauling the bike/trike and gear...

I looked at a number of different solutions, and for the way we travel and where we stay, a Rampage lift worked better for us that a trailer, so I "sprung" for a Rampage Lift...

I did a lot of measurements before I bought it, and calculated I could load the bike with the Tow Pac attached if I removed the fenders... In order to be convenient, I would have to make the fenders quick disconnect, which I did by epoxying the lock nuts to their brackets and adding molex style plugs to the aux lighting on the fenders...

We just came back from Chicago where I rode in "The Amazing Challenge" event sponsored by my old MC club, and this was the first experience hauling the trike back and forth... The truck is a 2000 F-250SD with Triton V10 and full Banks kit, so it has plenty of power to haul the bike and then some... Mileage isn't it's strong suite as it was built with towing/hauling in mind, but it's been paid off for a long time, so we live the lower gas mileage... We average about 11-12 mpg at highway speeds...

I'll make a few refinements such as a windshield cover and some fine tweaking on the wooden blocks needed for clearance during the loading process, but everything worked fine... Here's a few pics of the trike in the back of the truck and fender stowage... I might upgrade the Rampage winch with a slightly stronger one as it could use a bit more power when tugging the trike up in the back of the truck, but everything is working fine so far...

Les

DSCN0002.jpgDSCN0003.jpgDSCN0004.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Condor,

Yep, it's close but it does fit!! And actually, the truck even rides better with all that weight in the bed... 3/4 toms are sprung pretty heavy and are a bit harsh solo but the Wing and Lift in the back (#1300+ pounds) smooths out the ride nicely...

Les

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png