Proper way to trailer the Spyder??

Jul 5, 2010
Minnesota
My sister recently purchased a Spyder. She plans on going to Daytona Bike week with me in the future. So that means I will be loading her Spyder into my toyhauler. What is the proper way to secure them? Harley factory trikes come with a build in tie down points as that is how HD transports them from the Factory. But I don't find anything on the CanAm and the dealer she bought it from wasn't any help.

Anyway, how do you Spyder owners do this task?

If you notice when he puts the strap though the rear wheel.... He's careful not to put the strap though the rear sprocket....Or the strap will damage/ bend the sprocket.. ..

If you notice when he puts the strap though the rear wheel.... He's careful not to put the strap though the rear sprocket....Or the strap will damage/ bend the sprocket.. ..

ThumbUp

That Superclamp system is nice, but not for me. But I noticed that they are running a strap from the passenger peg forward. That is part of what I was wondering if it was ok to do. I had thought of using two sets of straps on the front wheels. One set going forward, one set aft. Then doing a single strap across the rear wheel.

ThumbUp

That Superclamp system is nice, but not for me. But I noticed that they are running a strap from the passenger peg forward. That is part of what I was wondering if it was ok to do. I had thought of using two sets of straps on the front wheels. One set going forward, one set aft. Then doing a single strap across the rear wheel.

When i would have to tow my [EX]' Spyder, with an open trailer. I would put one strap on each front wheel going forward and one strap going though the rear wheel and hooked to the left and right rear of the trailer.....

When i would have to tow my [EX]' Spyder, with an open trailer. I would put one strap on each front wheel going forward and one strap going though the rear wheel and hooked to the left and right rear of the trailer.....

Excellent! That is what I'll do then. For the times that she will travel without me She plans on buying a flat bed trailer of her own. I might suggest she gets that clamping system.

+1 .. the beauty of a "trike", is you don't have to worry about it laying down. As rhino stated before ... go through just the wheel with the straps ... not the rotors.

ThumbUp

This is how I transport my Spyder. I run a strap thru the front wheels and pull back with one thru the back wheel. Of course you don't want to put one thru the sprocket,just thru the wheel.We have hauled from Central Utah to San Diego,to Boise Id and Logan Ut that way with no problems.
You could also run from the passenger peg forward if you wanted to as the mount is strong enough.Once I saw those wheels sticking out though I knew that was the place to tie for me.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png