Anyone seen or ridden the new MT Gladiator

ThreeAces7

Contributing Member
Jun 21, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I am going to trike my 2008 Electra Glide Classic and the Trog by Motor Trike is a strong contender. Motor Trike recently came out with an Independent Rear Suspension model called the Gladiator. Just curious if anyone has seen or ridden or even owns one and what your impressions are.

Last I heard they wouldnt be released until sometime in August or Sept. I will get an update and post it as soon as I find out.

Production is now on for the Gladiator. The first two kits shipped today and are now available for shipment. Approximately 2 weeks out on a non-painted kit and 4 weeks out on a painted kit.

Thanks everyone for the replies and information. I am not sure what I think about the handlebar mounted gauge and switch panel for adjusting the air pressure. I hope there will be other options for a mounting location. Any opinions out there?

First post here...I ride an 06 Ultra and am looking to do the trike route also...I like the Motor Trike set up and have a local shop that does them...My only problem with it is the trunk door latches...Motor Trike Goldwing has a smooth trunk....We have not made up our minds but the better half wants to keep the Ultra and just buy a Wing trike or Cam Am...If I go with the Ford Horse I will Never get to drive...so it is out....Maybe!!!

Hello Rick. Decisions, decisions! LOL! Welcome to TrikeTalk..... Toss out your questions, and someone here is sure to have some wisdom for you :D

just got the new mt gladiator home yesterday,i live about 50mile from troup tx trike as smooth as silk. air adjust on the fly is great trunk space is about 30% more than the trog .i think i do need a steeing damper as i did on my champion trike i did not do the rake kit this one is on my 2009 roadking classic

Congrats on getting you Gladiator home. Sounds like you are going to like it a great deal. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures.

just got the new mt gladiator home yesterday,i live about 50mile from troup tx trike as smooth as silk. air adjust on the fly is great trunk space is about 30% more than the trog .i think i do need a steeing damper as i did on my champion trike i did not do the rake kit this one is on my 2009 roadking classic

Congratulations on the new ride! and welcome to the forum :)

the gladiator new trunks have hidden hinges and two small air assted (well you know what i mean like a hatchback has) twist the locking handles and the door opens on its on .nothing it the way loading your trunk

Brought mine home about a week ago Monday. Since, I have put around 400 miles on it. Wow, is all I can say. The Gladiator is my first trike, so I don't have much to compare as far as trikes. Been riding bikes for over 40 years ~ don't know why I waited so long to get a trike.

Been a few glitches to work out. Had a loose wire that caused the readouts for the air-compressor to go all over the chart. Easy fix. My builder left too much slack in the belts and I had a chirping noise until I got it to my local HD dealer.

Now, its running better than I ever hoped.

Brought mine home about a week ago Monday. Since, I have put around 400 miles on it. Wow, is all I can say. The Gladiator is my first trike, so I don't have much to compare as far as trikes. Been riding bikes for over 40 years ~ don't know why I waited so long to get a trike.

Been a few glitches to work out. Had a loose wire that caused the readouts for the air-compressor to go all over the chart. Easy fix. My builder left too much slack in the belts and I had a chirping noise until I got it to my local HD dealer.

Now, its running better than I ever hoped.

CONGRATS PRM you will be very pleased.

yea they left too much slack in my belt also.this new trike it is new to the installers also.its a lot different than the trog the belts dont flex like the three link suspension on the trog

well i am impressed with the gladiator just took it from east texas to Washington .DC and 200 miles of the blue ridge parkway handled like a dream took it from then to gulf port ms back to jefferson tx 2,765 miles and avg.35 mpg not bad since i only got 42 before i triked it good job motor trike

I've had mine for a couple of months now. I had Blackburns in Medina, OH remove the Trog kit and install the Gladiator. I noticed right away that the ride is much smoother with the IRS although it is a little looser in the curves. I've put 2000 miles on it and we are very happy with it. As far as gas milage I get 34 to 39 which is the same as the Trog. I hope to find some kind of light bar for it but the way the trunk opens I don't know if there is anything available yet.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png