RT Limited...

We are staying away from all dealers right now. Just too tempting and wife is perfectly happy with her 12 model. But knows if she tests a new one she'd have to have it. Smart gal I got there. But we'll see what the incentive is. A nice 16 would be great but she's already fallen in love with one of the colors so will have to wait and see. Winter is the best time and we can wait for sure.

I seen some color changes for 17 and some models not being produced. Think there will be some changes in the next few years??

Probably start seeing some good deals soon on the 2016's

v3oop2.jpg

Here she is.

I will try and post another picture later, not sure wny it didn't work. Have to wait for my computer expert to get home from work.

I was able to purchase to Spyder out right for $27,400.00
It was a demo with 900 miles, plus some new rebates from BRP.

Hey Mutha, are you finding your dealer maintenance, and or fixes, more or less on the Spyder vs the TriGlide?

Since I have done all main since new its maybe about the same.. Parts tend to be a bit higher but if you shop around it can save money.

I like oil changes at 9300 miles. So oil changes are cheaper in the long run. I use amsoil metric.. Only draw back is the rear tire. Some wear faster than others. My first was at 5800 but that was a softer compound. Not they say they went back to there old compound and last longer. My Dads SpYder has over 8K and his tire looks like new..Not sure if the roads or what causes some to wear faster.

I plan on installing a car tire on my rear soon getting ready for a Vacation.

The tire I have now is ok but wears on the sides. Versus stock wore in the middle.

Other than regular maint mine has had no issue..I start and go..I really like the stopping power.

Hope that answers some questions

Some will chime in on tires and you will get a million of them..:D

Thanks Trike, seems you've got it covered. From what I read/hear, dealer cost maintenance is totally high, not counting the going and waiting. Guess you have your 'do it yourself' skills in order for the RT. Can the novice 'oil changer' do the maintenance?

Sure can. Drain plugs are 6MM and T45. Then remove the right side panels to get to the oil filter you need a 36 MM wrench.I prefer a low profile 36 MM socket.

If you find a you tube video on oil changes by Shawn Smoak is pretty good.

Now to jack up the Spyder what do you use now for your Trike??

Some dealers charge more than others not sure about your area for labor costs?

Try Spyder lovers forum Lots of info..Some is a bit off.:laugh: But over all its pretty good..ThumbUp

OK thanks, for my Road Smith, I use regular hydraulic floor jack, gotta run the front wheel up on a 2 x, but it's a straight forward operation. How about those spark plug changes, fluid changes? Guess I could drop over to spyderlovers, but digging for information in an unfamiliar forum.....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png