New here, need to pick a brain or two

KatsTrikeDreamin

Jul 4, 2010
Victoria, BC
Hi I'm new to TrikeTalk, ride on the back of a beautiful '06 HD Sportster conversion. Hoping someday to have my own. I saw a bolt on at a Show and Shine recently that I liked, the trike/quad was in the parking area not in the show and I didn't see the owners anywhere to ask about it.

Hoping someone here knows what kit or application it is...

Thanks
Kat :innocent:

WELCOME to TRIKE TALK.....Looks like a Lota' Folks already helped You with INFO.....Hope You get one soon, although on the back isn't all that bad on Trikes....;):wtg:

Welcome hope you find something there are a lot of choices out there. good luck with finding something. I ride a DFT so i recommend them.

be sure to send us pics of you choice so we can celebrate with you and your new trike.

:clan::yay::wave4:

Hey everyone,

WOW thanks so much for all your answers. I had thought I might investigate an add-on hoping that I may get my strength and confidence back enough to loose the extra wheels. I've since realised that it most likely will not happen.

I do have to air a concern and may get a few kicks in the behind for it but I was a bit disappointed in something.

With one exception, all the private messages I received in response to my query about a specific product were from commercial members of this site pumeling me with their wares.

Laughingly one of those was from the company who sold us our current trike kit who wouldn't know customer service if it jumped up and bit them in the nose ! Their mistakes cost us well over a grand to deal with but they didnt seem to think they should compensate for the additional costs. Then when a bolt sheared off and my Love found he had no brakes as a result they replaced the parts but had the nerve to offer our mechanic a credit toward future builds. THis from a company who wont blink without cash up front.

Our mechanic has only done one trike in all the years in business and certainly wont be doing another for this company nor will any of us recommend their product to anyone. Not because of a fault in the product but because of their poor business practices. We certainly wouldnt risk advising anyone to head that way and have them experience the same shameful business conduct we did.

My birthday present this year was that the love of my life was still alive, had he taken his usual route on the highway the outcome may have been very different.

Well that's my rant for now.
Thanks to you all for your kind assistance. I expect when the time comes I will go with the Fraknenstein kit although it will depend onn which bike I start the project with.

All the best, ride hard, ride safe.

Kat

"With one exception, all the private messages I received in response to my query about a specific product were from commercial members of this site pumeling me with their wares."

You won't get kicked by me. In a lot of ways, I think that statement is a little sad. I have often wondered why commercial members are not labeled as such.

JMHO, and probably not worh much.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png