Snowbird Gathering '17

Here is my 2 cents on restaurants.

If you get to Alachua, a good restaurant is

Conestogas Restaurant
14920 Main St.
Alachua, FL.

Some darn good riding off of 200, west of I-75 to it.

Or

If you get to Crystal River, a good restaurant is

Crackers at Crystal River

502 NW 6th St, Crystal River, FL 34428

If you get to Inverness, try out

Stumpknockers
either on State Road 200 or Main St., Inverness, FL

I organized the Main St. location just today to this place. Had 39 show up. Called ahead a few days with approx numbers, all was set. Fast service and good food.

If you make it to Cedar Key try out Tony's Seafood Restaurant, 2nd St, Cedar Key. Won numerous awards for their clam chowder.
Be advised, their large bowl will feed 2.

Belleview has a good breakfast place called Carl's Place. 11007 SW. 66th Terr., Bellview, FL

A lot of roads west of I-75 are like going back in time view wise. Tranquil and relaxing scenery.

The road to Cedar Key West of State Road 19 is long, boring, but like going back in time as well. Cedar Key is not big, but a nice area with restaurants galore and window shopping.
Since I still work and pay the road taxes for trike riders, I can not make this gathering.

Any questions, ask away. I will keep checking back.

Here is my 2 cents on restaurants.

If you get to Alachua, a good restaurant is

Conestogas Restaurant
14920 Main St.
Alachua, FL.

Some darn good riding off of 200, west of I-75 to it.

Or

If you get to Crystal River, a good restaurant is

Crackers at Crystal River

502 NW 6th St, Crystal River, FL 34428

If you get to Inverness, try out

Stumpknockers
either on State Road 200 or Main St., Inverness, FL

I organized the Main St. location just today to this place. Had 39 show up. Called ahead a few days with approx numbers, all was set. Fast service and good food.

If you make it to Cedar Key try out Tony's Seafood Restaurant, 2nd St, Cedar Key. Won numerous awards for their clam chowder.
Be advised, their large bowl will feed 2.

Belleview has a good breakfast place called Carl's Place. 11007 SW. 66th Terr., Bellview, FL

A lot of roads west of I-75 are like going back in time view wise. Tranquil and relaxing scenery.

The road to Cedar Key West of State Road 19 is long, boring, but like going back in time as well. Cedar Key is not big, but a nice area with restaurants galore and window shopping.
Since I still work and pay the road taxes for trike riders, I can not make this gathering.

Any questions, ask away. I will keep checking back.
Thanks, we are staying on 200 and will also be riding on it.
Tom

We're on schedule to finish my radiation on Monday at 9 AM, so we should be at the motel sometime in the afternoon, take care everyone.

Tomg

Tomg, will not make it due to being in hospital. we realeased one 2dbl room to hotel, will miss everyone .. I need Florida S_U_ N_ S_H_I_N_E very badly. love to all ride safe. Charlie D & Marietta

Tomg, will not make it due to being in hospital. we realeased one 2dbl room to hotel, will miss everyone .. I need Florida S_U_ N_ S_H_I_N_E very badly. love to all ride safe. Charlie D & Marietta

Going to miss ya buddy. Get better quick. Love Ted and MJ

CharlieD and Marietta, we will miss you! We were looking forward to "catching up" but understand your health comes first...we have been in your position more than once! Take care, get well, and we hope to see you soon!

Mike and Natalie

Charlie, without question you both will be missed. Your health is more important than the get together! Get well soon and we will see you both again.

Tom

Yep as always TOM did a GREAT job. We had between 10 to 15 trikes here over the 4 days with between 20 and 25 people. Very low keyed and I think all had a good time. This has been the only group meet I've done in the last few years and MJ and I enjoy it.

THANKS TOM

Here is a sneak preview of the ride Mon. We are heading home this morning , and will finish the video in Ma. Another big thanks to Tom & everyone . I would also like to thank trike talk for making this all possible . Also , for everyone going to Daytona bike week ,have fun ,enjoy it ,and be safe . God bless.
captain h

By now everyone has headed out of Ocala and either home or continuing on with another adventure. I want to thank everyone who were with us in Ocala this year. We had the absolute best weather you could ask for. I also want to let the others who were not able to make it this year that you were missed and asked about by many. For those still on the road, we all wish you a safe journey home.

Thank you for your complements, they are very much appreciated. I try to make it interesting for our gatherings.

I didn't take the first photo so feel free to post any you wish to share.

Tom

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png