Sundowner vs Stock seat.

I got the chance to get a Sundowner seat on the cheap.

Is it worth changing seats? What's the difference?

thanks.

I bought a Sundowner seat when I purchased the '13 Tri-Glide. Only used it for couple weeks. The stock seat is more comfortable, but I also have a sheepskin cover and gel pad. Have over 31K miles on the clock. The Sundowner seat is sitting in a box in the garage....has two puncture wounds from the backrest, so not worth much money now.

This probably doesn't help, but my son loves the Sundowner on his Road King. Of course, he's only 27 years old.

I haven't tried the aftermarket seats like Mustang or Corbin, although I hear great reviews.
I have tried about every version of the HD seats. I've had the stock seat, a Sundowner, the Hammock, Road Zepplin and Tall Boy seats on my various Touring models. I've tried the gel pads, Mesh cooling pads and sheepskin covers.

The final solution for me was a Sundowner seat with no pads or covers on it. Short rides or long days, it was simply the most comfortable for me.
I highly recommend them.

Bo

On my 2016 I will keep the stock seat for now and try it out, on my 2002 road king I went with the sundowner and very happy with it for long hauls and have the rider backrest on it also. The stock 2002 road king sucks big time, only put 200 miles on it before getting the sundowner, was a toss up between sundowner and mustang

All for now Trampas

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png