J&S jack warning on 2107 trike

Sep 2, 2013
Monroe, Ohio
Friend just bought a 2017 tri glide and brought it over to put some goodies on it. Tried to use my J&S trike jack on it but Harley changed the left side exhaust cross over pipe and the jack won't clear the pipe. I called J&S and sent them photos, it was news to them.

Have any lumber laying around? Use that to 'shim' the offending parts out of the way. Even screw driver handles will work if you have enough of them. I must have 20 extra screw drivers laying around.

PC

Just got back from my dealer and the 2017 exhaust is different for sure, they moved the cat down and that pipe is huge compared to previous years and yes they changed the cross over pipe also. I know trike jacks from J & S you push in the jack from the right side of the trike. Now they didn't have any 2017 trikes, but seen the new touring bikes and that pipe is huge for sure around where the passenger foot peg is and maybe a little more forward. I didn't look at the cross over pipe on the touring bikes.

I know the J & S trike jack goes in on right side at least that is what the video shows, just wish it could go into the left side and jack it up, my other 2 jacks for my other bikes I go into the left side, I know each to their own, but that is what works for me and my storage situation during the winter. I suppose trike jack goes into the right side because of the way the frame is.

All for now Trampas

P.S. Just wondering what MOCO is thinking when they do these things, you would think they would listen to the riders and go from there, just a thought is all.

You can switch the components on the jack to the right side of the lift which would allow you to slide the left under the trike from the other side but the drive belt is in the way on that side.

I have the J&S trike jack. Had a few problems, the worst was a bout a month ago. still haven't figured it out yet. Contacted J&S and they said they had a kit to fix it. Don't know what the fix is but I'm not taking my jack apart to replace the offending parts. Mine fell apart and it was hell trying to get it back together. One of the problems I have it the raising section - it's too long, just barely fits between the belt and the frame. Very very tight fit, but it does work when it works.

I love my J&S trike jack. I've used it on many trikes and never had any problems (other than rotating the cross over pipe clamp when the nut is facing the rear) .... but now I will not be able to work on 2017s.

Thanks for the heads-up. ThumbUp

Bob :D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png