• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

New to this forum.

Reaction score
Out riding my V-Max when a drunk driver destroyed the bike and put me into intensive care. An infection set in, raising my temperature to 105 degrees , so it was either amputate or die.

My right leg was amputated above the knee on May 11, 1987. Could not find a prosthesis I could use, so gave up riding bikes. Retired after 36 years of teaching. My wife had passed away from cancer, so in Feb. 2015, bought a Harley Freewheeler trike.

It's set up with a RIDE-ABLE system to operate the rear brake pedal. It's O.K., but lacks the sensitivity of a foot pedal. Really enjoying being "back in the wind". Didn't realize how much I missed riding. Looks like a lot of great people and info here. Looking forward to learning a lot !!

First and foremost Welcome from a fellow Freewheeler owner! Glad you found us :clapping: reading you post was like...wow this guy has been through a lot! You've endured the challenges and have overcome. I'm truly sorry about your loss. We are all here for you! My wife Michele commented on your dedication to your teaching, how wonderful it was that you were involved in so many children's lives and how special that was. Looking forward to your pictures and posts... Just a side note, rode my friends VMax one time and it scared the crap out of me, said no thanks and got back on my honda shadow. Cruising is the life for me :cool:

Best wishes to you and your "new" trike. Take your time to get comfortable - let us know how you're doing. Have fun, post often, ride safe! ThumbUp

Welcome to Trike Talk from Missouri. Sounds like you have been through a lot in your life. Hope everything turn around for you and you can enjoy riding your trike.

You are hardly the only one that has discovered trikes are the way to go after some sort of malfunction that prevents or limits us from riding a 2 wheeler. As you know the thrill of being in the wind doesn't die off with an injury. I too lost a leg to a cage driver. My left is gone, but I do have my knee. There are many of us on here that have managed to get along just fine and I'm glad you have joined our ranks and you are absolutely correct when you said there are a lot of great people on here. Everyone is more than willing to offer advice, give tips, and help anyone that has any sort of trike or for that matter motorcycle related problem or question. I look forward to hearing more from you and your 3 wheeled experiences so don't be shy about posting. You said your system lacks the sensitivity of a foot pedal. I lost the sensitivity of the shifter. Oh well. We're both still enjoying the ride and that's the main thing so ride on and welcome!

Welcome to Trike Talk from South-Central PA. Enjoy your Freewheeler. I have a friend who has one and loves his! Be safe and have fun! Glad to see you are back in the wind!!! ThumbUp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png