Fuel Mileage

We pulled a joke on a friend of ours who was a real died in the wool Chevy fan. One year he got married and had to buy a VW bug. Well, we use to take his car and fill it with gas at lunch time. After a month we asked him how he liked the Bug and what kind of mileage he was getting. He said it was true about VW's and gas mileage because he was getting the regular 70 to 75 mpg.
Then we started taking out some gas. Again, after a month we asked again. He said he's bringing the car back to the dealer for a check up because there was something wrong because he was only getting 25 mpg.
We really enjoyed the look on his face when we told him. :) :)

He still kept his Impala SS. Which was a good thing because he got divorced a few years later and got rid of that (his words) damn foreign car. :)

I've really enjoyed all the stories and facts about mileage. I've lived my entire life in Kansas and I have noticed that when I return from Colorado my mileage is always 2-3 mpg better than when I was venturing out there. After spending 100's of dollars for tuning and research we determined that on the return trips we were actually going down hill due to the drop in elevation. This doesn't top the 55mpg story but I hope it comes close.:Trike1::Trike1:

With 2 up, I have got as good as 42 mpg and as low as 28mpg. Wind, speed, and elevation makes for a lot of changes. I just ride and when it needs fuel, I start looking for somewhere to fuel up. Jim
I'm late to this rodeo, I know, but I wanted to say this pretty much sums up my situation as well. My mileage has never been 42, more like 37. Difference being there are a lot hills around me, and that drives down the mileage pretty badly, sometimes down into the mid 20s.

What a lot of people don't realize is that the engine we are sitting on top of is larger than pretty much any of the VW Beetles that were produced. And although their mileage was better than most of the cars of the day, they still rarely got above 30-35 mpg because they were carbureted.

Like I said previously there is a lot of fussy math going on ' And Not to be an "A" Hole 55 No way.. But it does make for interesting bander back and forth! :pigsfly: ....This post sent Via iPhone 🐿 And no alcohol 🍺 involved in its transmission 🍺

Like I said previously there is a lot of fussy math going on ' And Not to be an "A" Hole 55 No way.. But it does make for interesting bander back and forth! :pigsfly: ....This post sent Via iPhone 🐿 And no alcohol 🍺 involved in its transmission 🍺
Excuses, excuses....:cool:

Normally i end up with fuzzy math after alcohol.:xzqxz:

An easy way to track the fuel mileage for the 14 and new triglides is to use the navigation and then get a summary of the trip and it will spit it out for you. Jim Takes away the fuzzy math issues.

An easy way to track the fuel mileage for the 14 and new triglides is to use the navigation and then get a summary of the trip and it will spit it out for you. Jim Takes away the fuzzy math issues.

Will have to try this. Of course that means I'm going to have to learn something about the nav system.:qpnmt:

Don't remember what comes first, LO , or it counts backwards :Shrug: 5.5gal most I have put in. As far as MPGs, don't care. Didn't buy it for that. If I want MPGs, iluse the scooter at 70 MPGs :clapping:with 500cc.

Don't remember what comes first, LO , or it counts backwards :Shrug: 5.5gal most I have put in. As far as MPGs, don't care. Didn't buy it for that. If I want MPGs, iluse the scooter at 70 MPGs :clapping:with 500cc.

Gas light gos on at about 30 miles then counts down to 10 miles.. Then it will just say LOW...
I find when mine says low [11 tri] i have a 1/2 gal left to empty AKA Walking... :xzqxz:

I drove a radio jeep a lot in the Marines(not all the time) and had to fill out a trip report EVERY TIME I took it out. I have been doing that with my cars and bikes ever since(50 years). So I know exactly what kind of mileage I get. It's not rocket science folks. :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png