Biketoberfest Washed Out

Jul 23, 2016
Sharonville OH USA
Just cancelled my reservations in Daytona. I was really looking forward to a nice fall ride down there, but this storm could really be a bad one for that area. Even if the physical damage is not too bad, I'm sure there will be gas shortages, heavy traffic from FEMA and all the residents that have been evacuated trying to get back home. Not to mention all the clean-up and repair activities that will be taking place. I told the reservationist this morning, that they (all the people and businesses) don't need a bunch of out-of-towners getting in the way. There will be another opportunity next year.

If any of you live along the Matthew Target area, be safe and Good Luck.

Just cancelled my reservations in Daytona. I was really looking forward to a nice fall ride down there, but this storm could really be a bad one for that area. Even if the physical damage is not too bad, I'm sure there will be gas shortages, heavy traffic from FEMA and all the residents that have been evacuated trying to get back home. Not to mention all the clean-up and repair activities that will be taking place. I told the reservationist this morning, that they (all the people and businesses) don't need a bunch of out-of-towners getting in the way. There will be another opportunity next year.

Head on down to Thunder Beach Rally. 10/18- 10/23 I think. In Panama City Beach, Fl. Leaving Dayton 10/18 be there 10/19.

No storms that way as of yet.

Well that was an over-reaction.... There is no FEMA etc, everything is going to go forward as scheduled and the reservationist is an idiot. All is well in Daytona, yes there are a couple of issues with only a couple places but 99% will be fine by Wednesday as 90% are already.

but have fun doing nothing.....

you should have waited.....

and thanks for being one of the people that enabled me to grab a few more rooms for friends :)

If you are headed to Daytona from the Northeast, be aware that I95 is still closed in 3 places in NC. The area around Fayetteville and Lumberton is the worst, they don't know when they will be able to reopen those sections

Most vendors will still be there also, some not by choice. Talked to a friend of mine who works for a company who is a vendor. They called the coordinator about cancelling since there is no power in the area his crew was to set up and was told they would lose all money paid and would be counted as a "no show". They said that they are not cancelling and will be holding the event with or without power.

He said he talked to a few other vendors who feel it's going to be a very slow event with a poor turnout, but they are going to go anyways since they've paid for their spots and will not receive a refund or credit for not going. I'm curious to see what he has to say about the event when they return next week.

A friend of mine that lives in Ormond beach and he is a bartender on Daytona beach told me last night that all power will back on by Tuesday evening. I'm heading there Thursday morning. Probably be the best ever- not to crowded and great weather.

I am going next year. Even w/o the storm this year I need to stay home for a while. I took four week long rides this past spring, summer and, fall.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png