Considering getting into Trikes

I'm getting ready for retirement and considering getting into trikes, I currently have a 2012 Street Glide bike. I am looking into the Freewheeler (I ride solo) and the Lehman Trike kits. Do the HD trikes handle better than the kits or are they about the same? With my situation the cost will be about the same, meaning if I sell my bike and buy a Freewheeler the cost will be the same as adding on a trike kit. If the responses lean toward the HD's I will consider buying a used HD Trike, any thing to watch out for on these or are they just like a motorcycle? Thanks in advance for your responses.
<colgroup><col width="72" style="width: 54pt;" span="12"> <tbody> </tbody>

Welcome! Man that's a hard one, I love my Freewheeler but if y'a have a nice SG and trike it out at least you know what you've got. Buy a used and well... you never know. But hey, buy a new Freewheeler and I'm sure you wont be disappointed ThumbUp keep us updated on your decision :Trike1:

Welcome to Trike Talk from Southeast Missouri. I think if you like what you ride now get it triked, at least you know what to expect. Enjoy your retirement and get out there and ride.

Harley-Convertable-off-Profile-350x233.jpg
Hannigan Transformer:pepper: Don't for a rake kit

Welcome to the Gang ... the advantage of the factory trike over a conversion, obviously, is the warranty ... but conversions have warranties too. Do test rides on both and go with your heart.

Traveling Man made a decision

I'm not sure how to reply to all who have offered their advice and well wishes. It was a very tough decision whether to purchase a kit or buy the Freewheeler. I decided on the 2016 Red Freewheeler. It is a very different ride,:AGGHH::AGGHH: felt like I was riding my old ATV. I took my FW to a hugh parking lot and was doing figure eights and sharp turns to get familiar with the Trike. Tomorrow will be an all day running errands on the FW to put some miles on it.

Once again a Big Thanks! to everyone for their advice and well wishes.

Now to look for a Trike group in Southern Cal. :D:D

I'm not sure how to reply to all who have offered their advice and well wishes. It was a very tough decision whether to purchase a kit or buy the Freewheeler. I decided on the 2016 Red Freewheeler. It is a very different ride,:AGGHH::AGGHH: felt like I was riding my old ATV. I took my FW to a hugh parking lot and was doing figure eights and sharp turns to get familiar with the Trike. Tomorrow will be an all day running errands on the FW to put some miles on it.

Once again a Big Thanks! to everyone for their advice and well wishes.

Now to look for a Trike group in Southern Cal. :D:D

Sweet! Welcome to the 3 wheel life :clapping: the more you ride the more fun it becomes.

I'm getting ready for retirement and considering getting into trikes, I currently have a 2012 Street Glide bike. I am looking into the Freewheeler (I ride solo) and the Lehman Trike kits.Do the HD trikes handle better than the kits or are they about the same?With my situation the cost will be about the same, meaning if I sell my bike and buy a Freewheeler the cost will be the same as adding on a trike kit. If the responses lean toward the HD's I will consider buying a used HD Trike, any thing to watch out for on these or are they just like a motorcycle?Thanks in advance for your responses.

<tbody>
</tbody>
The best part of triking is not putting your feet down and reverse Welcome from FLA

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png