Type 3 Dipstick Problems

MdKnightMan

Jul 24, 2015
Janesville, CA, USA
Hi everyone. I hope someone can help me.

I am trying to put a type 3 FI VW on my trike frame and I wanted to find out what others have done to solve the dipstick problem. I can find a LOT about converting to an upright engine and using a dipstick adapter but I can't find any information on using a stock dipstick.

The conversion uses a short tube and a small dipstick but can't be used if you keep the pancake engine configuration, which I plan to do.

The stock type 3 dipstick uses 2 different tubes attached together by a rubber boot, one attached to the engine and one attached to the car where the dipstick/oil filler cap clicks into place.

My problem is I do not have the car part of this and even if I did, I would have no where to mount it.

I need a stand alone piece that will fit over the engine tube and hold the dipstick. Has anyone seen this solved and if so where can I get one?

Thanks

Sounds like you may have to make one, or have one made.
Don't know what body type you have, so its hard to envision exactly how a dipstick needs to be situated on your trike.:Shrug:

If poss, post up a pic or 2 as it might bring you more response...

Like this??

Screenshot_20161008-163703_zpsimra2cfr.png

Yeah, thanks Snu, I looked and that is what I need.

I may have to have one made or buy that one. If I do buy it I am going to want the bolt on piece removed and tube smoothed. I can't afford show room quality but I am getting everything blasted and powdered.

Unfortunately, I don't have the tools to cut it down and I live in Susanville, CA, a small town 75 miles north of Reno.

There are shops in Reno but they will not do small jobs like this, they do big builds.

So if anyone knows someone that does these kind of things, let me know.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png