Bonnieville Blue/Fathom Blue

MikeyTX

Dead animals deserve balloons...
May 9, 2016
Big Bend Country, TX
Gorgeous is all I can say ............ Finally got to see one outside in the sunlight this past Friday at the dealer I bought the black tri glide from back in May. The light refraction through the paint is awsome. Thank God they were wanting an $11,000 cash difference from me to trade my '16 for the '17. I politely declined. :clapping: They are obviously trying to make back up some of what they gave me when I traded in the '15 Limited Low. They still have that one on their used bike line. I can only guess what they are asking for it. :p

Just looked at that online...I REALLY like it also! A lot! ThumbUp

6000000004.jpg

But, I have put a leash on myself...Am waiting to see what happens with the '18's.

Kevin

Myself exactly ! At some point within the next few MY's the mo co will upgrade the trike front suspension to that which is now on the M8 Limited and Limited Low, the supply having caught up with the demand. And I believe, will add or at least make optional, IRS. I am not wed to H-D even though I've ridden them since the early '60's. Push comes to shove, I'll buy a Goldwing and ride it down to our fearless founders shop in Conroe, TX for a conversion. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Found it on line sans the BAS logo Not a trike but it really shows the colors

Attachments

• 2000000002.jpg
    2000000002.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 270
Uhhhh. Mikey. The 18,s have the same from forks as the two wheelers and they are much better. Now if they only had better rear shocks

Uhhhh. Mikey. The 18,s have the same from forks as the two wheelers and they are much better. Now if they only had better rear shocks

18's aren't out yet for starters.................. And, it has been verified that the tri glide did not get the Showa Dual Bending Valve fork technology.

Just looked at that online...I REALLY like it also! A lot! ThumbUp

6000000004.jpg

But, I have put a leash on myself...Am waiting to see what happens with the '18's.

Kevin

I seen one this Saturday at my dealers showroom... Let me tell you it really lights up the showroom ....It was sitting next to a Silver and a light brown 16 Tri-Glide...Does get your attention...The 16's were price at about 32 k The 17 was about 35k.. No Setup or Transportation charges on any of them...

It will be interesting to see what the stock level of the '17's is next August when the 18's come out. Along with any changes. I really am keeping my fingers crossed it isn't a one hit wonder color.

Myself exactly ! At some point within the next few MY's the mo co will upgrade the trike front suspension to that which is now on the M8 Limited and Limited Low, the supply having caught up with the demand. And I believe, will add or at least make optional, IRS. I am not wed to H-D even though I've ridden them since the early '60's. Push comes to shove, I'll buy a Goldwing and ride it down to our fearless founders shop in Conroe, TX for a conversion. :D

I have the suspension on my 14 pretty dialed in. We are doing a bit more testing, but some guys that rode it a few weeks ago compared my TG to the IRS conversions they've ridden, so I'm ok with the suspension. Seems like I have the best of both worlds, handling of a straight axle for aggressive riding, and comfort close to IRS type for the rear...and we've done some nice things for the forks too.

Bit more info on it in this thread-

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threa...201#post392201

But I still want the M8 engine. But, I need to wait and see if the "common core" frame shows up in 2018.

Kevin

oh, & btw, I rode a 2017 Street Glide, the "new suspension" is better, but it is NOT good by any stretch. You can see my report on that in this thread-

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threa...765#post382765

Still trying to figure out how to sneak this past the s/o ................ :gah:..........:D

- - - Updated - - -

I have the suspension on my 14 pretty dialed in. We are doing a bit more testing, but some guys that rode it a few weeks ago compared my TG to the IRS conversions they've ridden, so I'm ok with the suspension. Seems like I have the best of both worlds, handling of a straight axle for aggressive riding, and comfort close to IRS type for the rear...and we've done some nice things for the forks too.

Bit more info on it in this thread-

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threa...201#post392201

But I still want the M8 engine. But, I need to wait and see if the "common core" frame shows up in 2018.

Kevin

oh, & btw, I rode a 2017 Street Glide, the "new suspension" is better, but it is NOT good by any stretch. You can see my report on that in this thread-

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threa...765#post382765

what is a common core frame ?

Still trying to figure out how to sneak this past the s/o ................ :gah:..........:D

- - - Updated - - -

what is a common core frame ?

At the Dealers meeting this last August it was said by MoCo that there will be a "core" shared frame between the Touring and Dyna Models. A Common Core frame between the two Model families.

It was not specified if it would be intro'd in 18 or 19.

This is why I am waiting...17 could end up being a bastard year, like the 08's were for the Touring Models.

Kevin

Thank you. That was kind of what I suspected. So yeah, it would be prudent to wait it out. Be interesting to see if I can hit 70k by the end of the second year ............ :D:clapping:

Welcome to the forum. Do not be a stranger. As for the tri glide, bet it does. I know the one I saw at the dealer did. Congrats and enjoy.

Last edited:
Last month I traded my Dyna in for a Tri Glide. The wife was with me and that color combinations is the model I got. Really enjoy riding it and the paint scheme really pops.

Welcome neighbors!...and Congratulations on the new Tri :clapping: hope to see Y'a around here in the fourm. Now how about some pictures of that beautiful Trike! ThumbUp

Welcome from PA

Welcome by the way we like pictures ThumbUp ride safely Fred :AGGHH:

Last month I traded my Dyna in for a Tri Glide. The wife was with me and that color combinations is the model I got. Really enjoy riding it and the paint scheme really pops.

Seen one on the showroom floor yesterday, wow, it sure is nice, but just got the 2016 and just got the J & S jack also which will not work on the 2017's. So I guess I will stay with what I have since I have everything on it that I want, well maybe:D:D

All for now Trampas

I must be building an immunity to it. I happened by my selling dealer today while riding back home from Liberty Hill, TX. It just didn't have the WOW pull it did when I first saw it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png