Another one bites the dust .............

MikeyTX

Dead animals deserve balloons...
May 9, 2016
Big Bend Country, TX
So over on the big board, Cowboy Rob just posted that his new M8 had the oil light come on while riding. :gah: So he did the smart thing. :D He rode it to the dealer. :laugh: Like he said, "It's under warranty .........." Dealer gave him a loaner to ride. He's not over joyed.

Hard to hear of yet another oil issue on the new mill.
I guess the advice I was given in 84, to avoid buying a "new" first year offering of anything was good advice even today.
Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, there are those brave souls that actually buy a totally new design, for the rest of us to "learn" from...:Shrug:

Hey... Someone has to do the R and D... Who's better to be the Test Pilot's than John Q Public.......;);)

But thinking back the only bike i was the test pilot for 'Wasn't a Japanese bike or a American bike But it was Canadian and it was a Trike not a bike...:Shrug:

Last edited:
Wow.............

We hear about the bad ones right away how many good ones are running tuff call. :AGGHH: If were a bad twin cam get it fixed, the new M8 it's a disaster I pray the Motor Co. will take care of these problems. still stinks with any new ride. I think Harley is up against it getting horse power up heat down a tuff place to be in with Indian and Victory breathing down your back :Shrug: Fred

Maybe i will be lucky 1300 miles so far with out an issue.As others have said that's why they have a warranty.I remember when the twins came out in they had a issue with the cam bearings,when the Evos came out there were a lot of porous engine cases allowing engine oil to bleed into the primary,so before we go labeling this new engine as a bad design give it some time.My buddy bought a new 2001 GW and it was in the shop at least 5 times that i remember for warranty issues,plus left him stranded in South Dakota for two days because of a leaking engine seal,as bullet proof as GW are even they are subject to issues.

So over on the big board, Cowboy Rob just posted that his new M8 had the oil light come on while riding. :gah: So he did the smart thing. :D He rode it to the dealer. :laugh: Like he said, "It's under warranty .........." Dealer gave him a loaner to ride. He's not over joyed.
Crap, I am next

Being as I am, a high milage rider, these teething issues to me are problematic. The areas I rode in this past summer such as Death Valley or, US 50 across NV and UT are rather desolate. Not exactly where I would have wanted to be with an M8. I have no desire to own a vehicle be it mc or car that is going to leave me stranded. At this point in time, I have no faith in the new engine.

Being as I am, a high milage rider, these teething issues to me are problematic. The areas I rode in this past summer such as Death Valley or, US 50 across NV and UT are rather desolate. Not exactly where I would have wanted to be with an M8. I have no desire to own a vehicle be it mc or car that is going to leave me stranded. At this point in time, I have no faith in the new engine.

Mike, I know what you mean about being out in the boonies. I took a 6k trip out West from Florida and followed the Northern tier of States this past June and would have hated to have broken down in parts of Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, etc. Some folks that don't ride long distances do not realize how desolate certain parts of the country are. I remember another cross-country trip and was out in the middle of nowhere Arizona and New Mexico and could not believe how limited the population was in some areas. Both thrilling and a bit scary when you realize how lonely it is out there. Looks like some folks may wait a bit to see how the M8 production works through the teething phase of new motor production.

The rumors of the MOCO being ripe for a takeover do not add confidence to my concerns about the new motor.

No telling how a corporate change would affect the support of the M8 in the initial phases? However, I suspect that a new owner might even be more keen to insure the success of their new flagship engine product? I am glad that there are some folks that are riding with the new engines and having a great, trouble-free time. The folks experiencing problems are the early adopters that help us all to better understand what the strengths and weaknesses of the new motor bring.

Every new roll-out will have some problems... Always been that way and sorry to say will always be... Its how the the company and dealers handle the repairs and how high the new buyers tolerance is to going back and forth to have it fixed that will tell the whole story........:Shrug:

So far so good, my run to Panama City will tel all I hope it does not blow up but if it does I dont care I am a beta tester LOL:pepper:
I have to believe the MOCO has it right this time, like the 61 Knucklehead it had problems, The MOCO cannot afford huge mistakes unless they are selling to a foreign govt JMO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png