Trike in the near future - Quesion for Owners of 17

ron49th

May 22, 2016
West Coast BC Canada
As a new owner of the 2017 did you consider getting the new HD CoolFlow fan given the 'heat' history of the Tri Glide? I have a Heritage and like most softails it runs hot even after decatting and stage one. I installed Love Juggs and that really helped cool the engine - I was able to monitor the head temp. before and after the installation with my PV. With the fans on rarely did the temp. exceed 250F in stop and go traffic - without the fans it would get up to 270F. I wasn't that taken with the look the fans gave the bike but they did work. Looking at some pics of the fan installed on the 2017 it is hardly noticeable; therefore looking for advice of someone who has consider one/has one.

As a new owner of the 2017 did you consider getting the new HD CoolFlow fan given the 'heat' history of the Tri Glide? I have a Heritage and like most softails it runs hot even after decatting and stage one. I installed Love Juggs and that really helped cool the engine - I was able to monitor the head temp. before and after the installation with my PV. With the fans on rarely did the temp. exceed 250F in stop and go traffic - without the fans it would get up to 270F. I wasn't that taken with the look the fans gave the bike but they did work. Looking at some pics of the fan installed on the 2017 it is hardly noticeable; therefore looking for advice of someone who has consider one/has one.

I dont like how it mounts, plus it has to be scanned to the ECM, the oil cooler fan does a good job IMO

I had a PV on my 2013 TG I traded for the 2017. It would run way too hot without my Wards Werks fan. I have had the same fans on my 2010 Ultra, 2011 Limited, 2013 TG and now it's on my 2017 TG.

No PV on the 17 to measure the head temp but I run the fans if the ambient temp is over 75 or 80 just to be safe. Expecting the Wards fans to be be moved to my next Bike/Trike in four or five years.

I had a PV on my 2013 TG I traded for the 2017. It would run way too hot without my Wards Werks fan. I have had the same fans on my 2010 Ultra, 2011 Limited, 2013 TG and now it's on my 2017 TG.

No PV on the 17 to measure the head temp but I run the fans if the ambient temp is over 75 or 80 just to be safe. Expecting the Wards fans to be be moved to my next Bike/Trike in four or five years.

Thanks Wingfoot - I think I will hang on to my fans as well for the 2017.

Hey Rick, would you or anyone know why the Wards sight is still not taking deposits or have product available? Been checking back often but still no luck... Thanks!

Hey Rick, would you or anyone know why the Wards sight is still not taking deposits or have product available? Been checking back often but still no luck... Thanks!

Not sure other than he is behind on orders and don't want to promise anything he can't guarantee to deliver. With the riding season coming to an end and the temps cooling off no need for a rush order. Keep an eye on his site to see when he is taking deposits again and get one ordered.

By the time it warms up next year you will have it installed and be chomping at the bit to ride again.

Be patient it's worth the wait.

What Wingfoot said! I wouldn't be without my Wards fans; I had them on the 2013 and now the 2016 Twin Cooled. They really make a difference.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png